Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-12 at 11.09.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-12 at 11.09.30 PM.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 162
just go to system preference .. energy save and put display sleep to never.. that should resolve the problem

just go to system preference .. energy save and put display sleep to never.. that should resolve the problem

It isn't just sleep. Users, including myself, are also having issues with the screen saver, resolution changes, itunes full screen, and other issues involving refreshing the display.

Please read through the thread a bit more before posting, if it was that easy there wouldn't be 38+ pages here.

if u are running 10.7.3 or greater ///
and u are running an nvidia graphic card then under graphics click 10.7.2+ combo enabler... ( remember to update ur system using combo update greater than 10.7.2) I hope this would resolve graphic issues ..

Plz do let me know if this helps.. or do let me know if i understand ur problem correctly.

if u are running 10.7.3 or greater ///
and u are running an nvidia graphic card then under graphics click 10.7.2+ combo enabler... ( remember to update ur system using combo update greater than 10.7.2) I hope this would resolve graphic issues ..

Plz do let me know if this helps.. or do let me know if i understand ur problem correctly.

I can't speak for everyone but from what I have read this issue is isolated to 10.8. I haven't tried Lion on my system yet.

i am running mountain lion with Nvidia GTX 550ti .. ( full graphics) i dint had any problem.
coz when u create a unibeast usb there in extension u wont be finding nvidia graphic card kext..only ati

While installing the mountain lion i used PCIRootUID=0 and installed it and after installing it i used PCIRootUID=o -x and booted into safe mode then installed my dsdt files only
after that i rebooted and voila it worked.... i booted into my os without any problem.

i am running mountain lion with Nvidia GTX 550ti .. ( full graphics) i dint had any problem.
coz when u create a unibeast usb there in extension u wont be finding nvidia graphic card kext..only ati

While installing the mountain lion i used PCIRootUID=0 and installed it and after installing it i used PCIRootUID=o -x and booted into safe mode then installed my dsdt files only
after that i rebooted and voila it worked.... i booted into my os without any problem.

Interesting, and you don't have any of these sleep issues? Or is your board not sleep friendly? My board doesn't require a DSDT (according to tonymac).

Do you have any other issues, particularly screen saver or even the simple turning off the monitor and turning it back on? Not being able to turn my monitor off is a bit annoying but having to restart after a screen saver just plain sucks.

I am very curious to this but I didn't go the unibeast route when I installed and I am wondering if that may have something to do with it. I've had issues with unibeast in the past with my last build and went this route: http://thetecherra.com/2012/07/10/t...n-lion-10-8-gm-on-a-pc-hackintoshosx86-video/

Maybe I will try a unibeast mountain lion install on another drive and see what happens.

well i dont have any issues related with annything like that....
i am running mountain lion perfectly ...

Try running the iTunes visualizer and see if it crashes when you try to exit.

Or, hit up Steam and try to play a graphically intensive 3D game.

GT 430 Problem 100% Solved!

Upgraded to a GT640. I didn't see a solution coming anytime soon and took the easy way out. Also was able to install CUDA on a fresh install :)

Try this solution it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back