Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 FF
CPU
Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor BX80601950
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 430
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I have the 550 TI paired with the mob GA-X58a-UD3R rev 2 and I'm getting lock ups whenever I use FCP X. My system boots fine here's my plist: Oh btw I'm on Yosemite.

Anyone have any ideas on this ?

I think you should do some googling on FCPX crashing, I cant remember at the moment what I did but I had a similar problem with FCPX and I thought I had something like bad audio plugins or something. That was on a real mac as well. If your system works fine I am guessing it is the app. Let me scratch my head a bit and try to remember. Do you have lots of VST's or AU plugins?

Motherboard
Mac OSX Mavericks Duel Boot w/ Windows 8
CPU
Intel i7-2600k
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce 550 Ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
I have the 550 TI paired with the mob GA-X58a-UD3R rev 2 and I'm getting lock ups whenever I use FCP X. My system boots fine here's my plist: Oh btw I'm on Yosemite.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 PCIRootUID=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>
Did you do anything else to get the card working with Yosemite??

My card turns off when graphics are supposed to load while booting up. I've tried using the plist you included but am still running into problems.

I've also tried the web drivers without luck. Though my graphics card doesn't turn off with them, I'm left at a blank grey screen before the login screen.