Contribute
Register

No Image on Laptop screen on wake but output on HDMI works

Status
Not open for further replies.
No apologies needed, This forum was meant to get people help :)

Trackpad - You need to patch your dsdt and then install voodooI2C kexts. You can use my EFI but you will need to patch your DSDT as this varies per machine and configuration.

Sound - Mine did not work by installing AppleALC and Lilu + WEG alone. I needed to copy my AppleHDA kext from when I was on Mojave then paste it where I have all my third party kexts.

WIFI and Bluetooth - replaced - bought it from ebay for about 40$.

Awesome hey thanks so much for you help - I did as you said and I managed to get the trackpad going - so I am practically almost fully working now :D. I am still having trouble with the sound - but I will continue to have a play around.

Awesome hey thanks so much for you help - I did as you said and I managed to get the trackpad going - so I am practically almost fully working now :D. I am still having trouble with the sound - but I will continue to have a play around.

Ok so I got the sound working! I followed your advice and installed those kexts but as you said it still didn't work. After lots of googling I narrowed it down to needing to inject and change the audio property to number "11" and it works. Siri isn't working and I haven't tested the headphone jack but I don't use those anyway so I am happy with the system now. Many thanks again for all your help, you both have made my dream machine a reality! :clap::D

Here's my EFI sorry it took so long.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I was working on my setup in November and couldn't get sleep to work for the life of me.

Took another crack at it and of course by searching "black screen sleep hackintosh" I find this thread with my exact machine.

Working great!

NVRAM Issue is btw solved by using this new method / ssdt which also helps z390 boards to get native nvram:

No RC scripts and emuvariable needed any more.
Dont be irritated by OpenCore, it works for Clover as well.

Now the only thing NOT working with this Notebook is genuine HotPlug TB3 and DRM within Safari and Apple TV , the latter being a general issue on igpu-only hacks.

cheers

Hello! I have the same computer, however without the MX 150. I have a working Hackintosh setup but am experiencing the same problem. My display stays black with backlight on when waking from sleep. I tried elmacci's EFI folder, but it doesn't fix the problem. BTW, I had to remove DSDT.aml in elmacci's EFI folder to get MacOS to boot. Any ideas?

Thank you!

Hello! I have the same computer, however without the MX 150. I have a working Hackintosh setup but am experiencing the same problem. My display stays black with backlight on when waking from sleep. I tried elmacci's EFI folder, but it doesn't fix the problem. BTW, I had to remove DSDT.aml in elmacci's EFI folder to get MacOS to boot. Any ideas?

Thank you!
you shouldn't be using a DSDT from another laptop in the first place, that is just asking for trouble and will cause you more issues than necessary

NONITS and elmacci: just wanted to log in and thank you guys for your work on the 2019 RBS13. With @NONITS EFI I was able to get up and running on Mojave in one day, and almost everything works right out of the box.

@NONITS Would run us through what you've patched in your ACPI files? Your DSDT / SSDTs are working perfectly on my FHD on 1.06 BIOS.

Last edited:
@evanrodge and @Copperboy100

Please find attached my EFI Folder and the Original BIOS v.1.06 and a modded version. To Flash the BIOS search for a Software called AfuWin64.

EFI Folder:
- it contains the patched aml's incl. DSDT from my machine. As @Feartech already pointed out - NEVER use a DSDT from somebody elses machines, even if it is the same. There are always differences, e.g. different bios versions etc.
- it also contains all originally extracted dsl files
- in the folder ACPI you will find a zip file called "DSDT patches". Inside this zip you will find 01_DSDT_extrahiert, which is my extracted original dsdt, a 02_DSDT_fehlerbereinigt which is a corrected 01 without compilation errors, a 03_DSDT_gepatcht_minimal which is a DSDT with minimal patches needed/recommended (this is the one i use btw) and a 04_DSDT_gepatcht_maximal which has all recommended patches (e.g. patches like rehabmans irq fix, rtc fix etc.). Some of these Patches might be overkill, and 03 works flawlessly.
- please keep in mind that i am using QcQuirks.efi and FWRuntimeServices instead of aptiomemoryfix. together with a modified qcquirks.plist and ssdt-pmc.aml. This ensures native NVRAM
- IMPORTANT: I modded my BIOS to get rid of CFG_Lock and the DVMT PreAlloc Limit. Therefore i Dont use fbstolenmem or similar to patch my framebuffer
- Serial Numbers are nulled

BIOS MOD:
- I modded my BIOS (v.1.06) to be able to unlock MSRE02 and to be able to set DVMT to 64MB
- Use AfuWin64 to extract your bios or flash a (modded) bios. You will find the original and my modded one in the attached zip.

Attachments

• BIOS_MOD_RBS2019_elmacci.zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 307
  • elMaccis EFI - RBS2019.zip
    5 MB · Views: 363
Hello!

I tried the config.plist in your EFI folder and sleep still did not work. I did add stolenmem to the framebuffer as I am not using a modded bios. Is the framebuffer patch (sleep) in the config.plist file?

Thanks!

@evanrodge and @Copperboy100

Please find attached my EFI Folder and the Original BIOS v.1.06 and a modded version. To Flash the BIOS search for a Software called AfuWin64.

EFI Folder:
- it contains the patched aml's incl. DSDT from my machine. As @Feartech already pointed out - NEVER use a DSDT from somebody elses machines, even if it is the same. There are always differences, e.g. different bios versions etc.
- it also contains all originally extracted dsl files
- in the folder ACPI you will find a zip file called "DSDT patches". Inside this zip you will find 01_DSDT_extrahiert, which is my extracted original dsdt, a 02_DSDT_fehlerbereinigt which is a corrected 01 without compilation errors, a 03_DSDT_gepatcht_minimal which is a DSDT with minimal patches needed/recommended (this is the one i use btw) and a 04_DSDT_gepatcht_maximal which has all recommended patches (e.g. patches like rehabmans irq fix, rtc fix etc.). Some of these Patches might be overkill, and 03 works flawlessly.
- please keep in mind that i am using QcQuirks.efi and FWRuntimeServices instead of aptiomemoryfix. together with a modified qcquirks.plist and ssdt-pmc.aml. This ensures native NVRAM
- IMPORTANT: I modded my BIOS to get rid of CFG_Lock and the DVMT PreAlloc Limit. Therefore i Dont use fbstolenmem or similar to patch my framebuffer
- Serial Numbers are nulled

BIOS MOD:
- I modded my BIOS (v.1.06) to be able to unlock MSRE02 and to be able to set DVMT to 64MB
- Use AfuWin64 to extract your bios or flash a (modded) bios. You will find the original and my modded one in the attached zip.

THANK YOU!!

Are there any customizations in your actual ACPI files for your 4K display, or is that pretty much just the platform ID in the config.plist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back