Contribute
Register

No Image on Laptop screen on wake but output on HDMI works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: I just tried Sidecar over WiFi with my iPad Pro 3rd 12,9 - works flawlessly!
So, maybe it is a decision between sidecar OR external Display? Depending on the Framebuffer used.

Thanks @NONITS !!
Could you please attach your complete EFI Folder? That would be great! I'd like to use it as a basis to get TB3 working and external display out.

And: Please find attached 3 little command-line apps I compiled (based on https://github.com/boo-dev/osx-razer-blade) for our RGB Keyboard.
Just run one of them (White, Green etc.) and the Keyboard illumination will change to that. And will even be set to that color after a restart.

If you want a different color, just tell we the rgb code and I'll compile it for you :)

it COULD be that the apps need to be compiled by yourself. In that case, I'll guide you through if you like.

cheers
Nice! I always wanted to get just white on the backlight as I have been using the stealth at work.

I'll post my EFI as soon as I can, Im just out and about tonight so I'll probably send it to you tomorrow.

I think your TB3 should already be working though. Just remember to plug the cable only during the clover boot device selection screen.

No worries, tomorrow is fine!! Thx! Gotta test TB3 again, but the last time I tried only usb c gen 3.1 worked, not 40gbit tb3.

If you upload your efi tomorrow, it would be great if you could tale a look at your bios settings and maybe post them as well (together with the bios version). I am still somewhat confused that i have to emulate nvram when you dont habe to (to get reboot/shutdown working i need emuvariable.efi combined with the rc scripts in clover).

Thx!!

No worries, tomorrow is fine!! Thx! Gotta test TB3 again, but the last time I tried only usb c gen 3.1 worked, not 40gbit tb3.

If you upload your efi tomorrow, it would be great if you could tale a look at your bios settings and maybe post them as well (together with the bios version). I am still somewhat confused that i have to emulate nvram when you dont habe to (to get reboot/shutdown working i need emuvariable.efi combined with the rc scripts in clover).

Thx!!

Bios settings is easy: disable discrete and set security to none

disable discrete thunderbolt?
And what about the other settings like fast boot, csm, secure boot...

detailed settings would be really great - like i said, i‘d like to rule out everything regarding the shutdown/reboot i habe without emuvariable.efi

Thank you!!

Nevermind - tried everything in BIOS, still getting kp‘s on reboot/shutdown. Dont know what is different from your system that you dont need emuvariable. And at this point i dont care anymore. Maybe your full efi - when you post it - makes it clearer if it is the efi itself or something else.

This machine is near perfect, now its just fine tuning that is necessary.
Next things i am going to adress:
- Caps Lock not working (LED)
- External display via usb-c (Without having to put it to sleep first)

Nevermind - tried everything in BIOS, still getting kp‘s on reboot/shutdown. Dont know what is different from your system that you dont need emuvariable. And at this point i dont care anymore. Maybe your full efi - when you post it - makes it clearer if it is the efi itself or something else.

I'll post my EFI in a few hours but honestly the only thing I changed from when I last posted it is the framebuffer and the new SSDT-TB3. I still only have 3 drivers in my UEFI folder, same kexts and almost same clover plist.

Caps lock is an easy fix. Just install karabiner elements and load the razer blade profile.

Here's my EFI sorry it took so long. Side card over wifi does work I just needed to add the brcmpatchramrepo kext.

hopefully you get your tb3 to work with info you get from my repo.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    34.8 MB · Views: 304
Thank you very much - and sorry for the late reply. I can not invest too much time into it because i have plenty other things to do - but i just cant resist fiddling around :)

Regarding the Kernel Panic / Shutdown I can't tell you why it sometimes works and why it doesnt. At first glance, there are no differences.
Questions though:
- You have AppleHDA and AppleALC as kexts - they both do the same, dont they?
- You also have BCRMFirmwareRepo & - Data in your Kext Folder. I think Rehabman states that only one of them should be used?!

I tried to simulate your behaviour regarding the external Display - and funny enough, with the 3EA50004 Framebuffer, combined with the framebuffer-flags of the 3EA50009 Framebuffer (0A0B8300) i have the same behaviour:
- Working internal Display with Sleep
- Working External Display AFTER the machine went to sleep once.

So I spent the last hours trying to mess with the framebuffer settings to get the following functions:
- External Display functioning without first putting it to sleep. It is no drama if this doesnt work - but I just want to KNOW :)
- External Display is only functioning with a max resolution of 2560x1440 and 60 Hz on my external 4K Display. On both ports. Trying to find out how to get Full 4K Resolution.

So far, no luck.
Will keep you posted.

Thanks also for the tip with Karabiner, will try that out surely.

cheers

Thank you very much - and sorry for the late reply. I can not invest too much time into it because i have plenty other things to do - but i just cant resist fiddling around :)

Regarding the Kernel Panic / Shutdown I can't tell you why it sometimes works and why it doesnt. At first glance, there are no differences.
Questions though:
- You have AppleHDA and AppleALC as kexts - they both do the same, dont they?
- You also have BCRMFirmwareRepo & - Data in your Kext Folder. I think Rehabman states that only one of them should be used?!

I tried to simulate your behaviour regarding the external Display - and funny enough, with the 3EA50004 Framebuffer, combined with the framebuffer-flags of the 3EA50009 Framebuffer (0A0B8300) i have the same behaviour:
- Working internal Display with Sleep
- Working External Display AFTER the machine went to sleep once.

So I spent the last hours trying to mess with the framebuffer settings to get the following functions:
- External Display functioning without first putting it to sleep. It is no drama if this doesnt work - but I just want to KNOW :)
- External Display is only functioning with a max resolution of 2560x1440 and 60 Hz on my external 4K Display. On both ports. Trying to find out how to get Full 4K Resolution.

So far, no luck.
Will keep you posted.

Thanks also for the tip with Karabiner, will try that out surely.

cheers

From memory I know that there are specific things you need to set up to get 4k displays to work maybe you should focus on that? It shouldnt matter that much to me since I use an eGPU for external displays.

AppleHDA+AppleALC: My audio stopped working after updating to 10.15.2. Based on the forum posts I read AppleALC is supposed to work with native AppleHDA. For some users the kext was no longer there after updating so their work around was to add AppleHDA to their L/E. Since I do not place third party kexts on my system I placed AppleHDA on my kext/others folder and that worked fine.

For Brcmpatchram.repo: sidecar does not work over wifi without it so I’m happy to just keep it there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back