Contribute
Register

Mojave Install Stuck At Apple Logo, Help Needed. Intel 6700k GTX 1070 MSI Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z170A Gaming M7
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700k
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1070
Hi I am having trouble with a fresh install of Mojave. After the clover splash screen only the apple logo is displayed without a progress bar. I have looked for quite some time and have not found any solutions. I took a picture of some text that pops up before clover as well as the output of verbose mode. I am new to this if anyone could offer me some help, thanks!

Attachments

• before clover screen.JPG
    before clover screen.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 124
  • verbose.jpg
    verbose.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 122
Be sure to plug into USB 2. I had the same issue with USB 3.0. Once I switched to USB 2.0 it moved passed that point. You will need very specific kext files installed also. The last big issue I had was that the Mac type had to be just right. iMac 14,2 works. But I used MacPro5,1. Since I actually have the real station too. It moved on and installed. You have to have the APFS.efi ( it's not the correct name, I'm forgetting off hand ) in your clover efi folder too!

Normally you don't need to have the installer set up with anything specific as a station. But for MSI boards and Mojave, that's the only way I've found to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back