Motherboard
ASUS Z270-P
CPU
Intel i7-7700
Graphics
GeForce GTX 1070
Hello all,

Thanks in advance for helping me out.
I am using a Intel i7- 7700, ASUS Prime Z270-P motherboard, Unibeast for USB install, Multibeast for Post-Install and Clover Config to help get the NVidia drivers working.

As of right now all is working with Graphics drivers and Audio.

My issue is internet. When I first installed macOS off of the UniBeast USB I was able to get on the internet using my direct ethernet connection to my router 100%. I know this because it is the only internet connection to the mobo and I was able to download MultiBeast. I then installed the following Post-Installation..

Quick Start -> UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers -> Audio -> RALC1220A (ASUS ROG STRIX Only), 100 / 200 Series Audio
Drivers -> Network -> AppleIntelE1000e v3.2.4.2 and IntelMausiEthernet v2.3.0
Drivers -> USB -> 3rd Party USB 3.0 , Increase Max Port Limit 200 Series
Bootloaders -> CLover v2.4k r4173 UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM
Build on main drive.

Since then I have not been able to connect to the internet. I have gotten green in the Network Pref pane for ethernet since then but safari will still return "You are not connected to the internet." I have also tried installing almost every other network driver from multibeast and still had no luck. Currently I have a self-assigned IP and still can't connect.

I even tried running through internet sharing through my Macbook Pro to make sure it wasn't the direct connection with my router.

I have to belive that it has to do with the OS and the ethernet port on the mobo but I cannot find a solution.
I am not sure if adding the additional Multibeast network drivers could be making things better or worse but I am not sure where to locate them. If I did I would try to use one driver at a time until ethernet was successful.

Thanks again for your time.

-B

Hello all,

Thanks in advance for helping me out.
I am using a Intel i7- 7700, ASUS Prime Z270-P motherboard, Unibeast for USB install, Multibeast for Post-Install and Clover Config to help get the NVidia drivers working.

As of right now all is working with Graphics drivers and Audio.

My issue is internet. When I first installed macOS off of the UniBeast USB I was able to get on the internet using my direct ethernet connection to my router 100%. I know this because it is the only internet connection to the mobo and I was able to download MultiBeast. I then installed the following Post-Installation..

Quick Start -> UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers -> Audio -> RALC1220A (ASUS ROG STRIX Only), 100 / 200 Series Audio
Drivers -> Network -> AppleIntelE1000e v3.2.4.2 and IntelMausiEthernet v2.3.0
Drivers -> USB -> 3rd Party USB 3.0 , Increase Max Port Limit 200 Series
Bootloaders -> CLover v2.4k r4173 UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM
Build on main drive.

Since then I have not been able to connect to the internet. I have gotten green in the Network Pref pane for ethernet since then but safari will still return "You are not connected to the internet." I have also tried installing almost every other network driver from multibeast and still had no luck. Currently I have a self-assigned IP and still can't connect.

I even tried running through internet sharing through my Macbook Pro to make sure it wasn't the direct connection with my router.

I have to belive that it has to do with the OS and the ethernet port on the mobo but I cannot find a solution.
I am not sure if adding the additional Multibeast network drivers could be making things better or worse but I am not sure where to locate them. If I did I would try to use one driver at a time until ethernet was successful.

Thanks again for your time.

-B

Hello BillJacobson,
During Multibeast Installation, did you select the Realtek Network Driver?
upload_2017-8-30_10-36-15.png

It might be worthy to try this option, since your motherboard comes with 'Realtek® RTL8111H', according to the spec here -- https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-Z270-P/specifications/

Hello BillJacobson,
During Multibeast Installation, did you select the Realtek Network Driver?
View attachment 275411
It might be worthy to try this option, since your motherboard comes with 'Realtek® RTL8111H', according to the spec here -- https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-Z270-P/specifications/
I just tried installing that with MultiBeast but I have the same issue,
I can't add the ethernet as a device on any new locations and the leftover ethernet device gives the following message:

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 11.11.45 PM.png

I can get on the internet with a USB to Ethernet adapter I have but that's it at the moment.

you should only have one network driver installed at a time. go to /Library/Extensions/ and remove everything but the kext you want to try. for me on my Z270I the IntelMausiEthernet v2.3.0 kext works to get network but only at 100mbs. No gigabit yet.

I believe one of the working setups for the Asus Z270 Prime A by Margate involves removing the Ethernet drivers altogether from the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Others folder for Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back