Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kexts are not installed correctly. As per FAQ, should be installed to /L/E, not /S/L/E.
What kext do you mean? Or should I move all of non-system kexts to /L/E?

Also, refer to the guide for a plist with common renames done in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
(then you can re-patch DSDT.aml without renaming such items). Right now, you run the danger of renaming something in DSDT, but not in one or more SSDTs (I didn't check).
Yeah, I will take a look on it, thx. But as far as I remember, I renamed manually only those entries, which aren't used in other tables. Want to go for hot patches, anyway. Is there any instruction for it?

You will probably need patched BIOS to defeat the WiFi whitelist.
Can't do that without desoldering the BIOS chip, can't flash it without a station (Laptop limitations), but I know that whitelist could be bypassed via WiFi card rebranding (with original IDs injection via Clover). The only problem I have - none of the instructions I have found worked for me (maybe because I use the latest Ubuntu version, not the old one), the card is detected by lspci but is not detected by eeprom extractors that are used in those articles.

Remove all the patches you have for AirPortBrcm4360. They are not needed, and aren't coded correctly anyway. Remove patch for IOBluetoothFamily too.
Aren't those patches required in order to get 5GHz and Handoff/Continuity work?

Check your BIOS settings for your LAN device (eg. make sure TPM disabled, wake on LAN disabled, any network boot function disabled). Keep in mind any change to BIOS settings required re-extract/re-patch ACPI.
Already tried this, didn't helped for some reason, maybe I'll try it later again.

Ad I thought, AC _PWR patch isn't needed, thx!

What kext do you mean? Or should I move all of non-system kexts to /L/E?

As per FAQ, all kexts you need should be installed to /L/E (not /S/L/E).

Yeah, I will take a look on it, thx. But as far as I remember, I renamed manually only those entries, which aren't used in other tables. Want to go for hot patches, anyway. Is there any instruction for it?

My suggestion, do renames via hotpatch (config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches). It is a no-brainer.
I will not check ACPI setup for those that don't use it.

Can't do that without desoldering the BIOS chip, can't flash it without a station (Laptop limitations), but I know that whitelist could be bypassed via WiFi card rebranding (with original IDs injection via Clover). The only problem I have - none of the instructions I have found worked for me (maybe because I use the latest Ubuntu version, not the old one), the card is detected by lspci but is not detected by eeprom extractors that are used in those articles.

At one time, I looked for a way to rebrand BCM943252. Never found a method. That was years ago though...
Note that Clover cannot do everything... after rebranding FakePCIID will be required (custom injector).

Aren't those patches required in order to get 5GHz and Handoff/Continuity work?

No need on 10.13.
And as mentioned, you're patches are not coded correctly anyway...

Hm... Don't know what exactly fixed Ethernet problem.
But I moved kexts to /L/E, removed AirPort/Bluetooth patches, removed _PWR in AC and update my BIOS to 2.55 which does not contain sleep problem yet (security fixes...) but have the most problems solved. Damn, Lenovo.

Also I have found a thread on other forum, and it looks like my BIOS actually can be flashed with a white-list patched firmware, cause it worked for E430 model and furthermore, at least one guy used E430 fw on E530 (they have had the same BIOS until 2012 update, and I have the new model). Hope my laptop will not die after this procedure, if it's even possible.

Hm... Don't know what exactly fixed Ethernet problem.
But I moved kexts to /L/E, removed AirPort/Bluetooth patches, removed _PWR in AC and update my BIOS to 2.55 which does not contain sleep problem yet (security fixes...) but have the most problems solved. Damn, Lenovo.

Also I have found a thread on other forum, and it looks like my BIOS actually can be flashed with a white-list patched firmware, cause it worked for E430 model and furthermore, at least one guy used E430 fw on E530 (they have had the same BIOS until 2012 update, and I have the new model). Hope my laptop will not die after this procedure, if it's even possible.

Keep in mind you need to re-extract/re-patch ACPI after the BIOS update...

So. I have had no problems overall until update 10.13.4, which broke my internal camera.
Now FaceTime says that camera is not connected, there is no camera under USB section in System Information and no camera device in IORegistryExplorer.

I already tried to change portType for USB-inject-all kext, no luck with that.

Also I have to say that I had no problems with camera until this update at all. I worked even without USB kexts or any configuration change.

Any ideas how I can fix it?

Attachments

• Problem Report.zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 79
I can see some a suspicious message in verbose mode.
000010.197973 HP16@1d160000: AppleUSBHostPort::disconnect: persistent enumeration failures

Last edited:
So. I have had no problems overall until update 10.13.4, which broke my internal camera.
Now FaceTime says that camera is not connected, there is no camera under USB section in System Information and no camera device in IORegistryExplorer.

I already tried to change portType for USB-inject-all kext, no luck with that.

Also I have to say that I had no problems with camera until this update at all. I worked even without USB kexts or any configuration change.

Any ideas how I can fix it?
I can see some a suspicious message in verbose mode.
000010.197973 HP16@1d160000: AppleUSBHostPort::disconnect: persistent enumeration failures

Try fresh install (you have a lot of unnecessary kexts installed on your system, likely interfering...).

Try fresh install (you have a lot of unnecessary kexts installed on your system, likely interfering...).

Hm. I fixed that. It looks like the new USB 10.13.4+ patch by PMHeart (that fixed port quantity limit) does it job well.
Furthermore, I updated most of my kexts to the lates version available + Ethernet and SMC kexts from this site and apfs.efi (patched for no verbose output), and my Ethernet problem is also solved But I'm not sure about the last one. It has been working quite weird last half of a year or so.

Sooo...

I have found a way to make Wi-Fi work for me - just remove BIOS white-list using SPI programmer and alligator clips, also I have unlocked all of the advanced BIOS settings. I wasn't easy. An this mod works just for mine instance of laptop :)

With BCM94352HMB I have almost fully working Wi-Fi + BT, so as continuity and handoff (I don't always get a safari opened on my iPad displaying as possible to open on my laptop (there is no suggestion icon at dock, while it should be), but I always get display a suggestion on iPad, when Safari on my Laptop opened, also AirDrop works fully fine, and I can connect to Internet via my Phone and iPad, without starting a hotspot on them manually).

But when I try to launch Wireless Diagnostics via Wi-Fi menu (Using Alt button), my system just crushes with Kernel Panic.
And it's the biggest problem.

So I have two questions. Can my card work without mackintosh kexts (I have seen some compatibility tables, and I can't figure out why some cards with identical IDs can work OOB, and some can't)? I have a half-sized miniPCIe card. And is this behavior with KP on Wi-Fi diagnostics normal for hackintosh with those FakePCIID kexts?

Which kexts and patched I should use for a latest version (not beta) of macOS to get it all work normally?

My IDs are: 14E4:42B1 with sub ven 106B & sub dev 062E

Here's a photo of my card:
Знімок екрана 2018-05-26 о 10.55.17.png Знімок екрана 2018-05-26 о 10.56.40.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back