Contribute
Register

Lenovo IdeaPad Y410P Errors + Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to reinstall Ubuntu and try again. Last time I checked /sys/firmware/ACPI/tables/dynamic was empty.

It is:
/sys/firmware/acpi/tables
/sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic

Linux has a case sensitive file system.

Well didn't know about the case sensitivity but I am 100% positive the dynamic directory was empty. My install should be done soon so I'll try again.

So I reinstalled Ubuntu and got all of the tables, even the dynamic ones. Maybe because last time I used a command to generate the tables to the desktop they got messed up, they were even missing from their original location, but this time I just compressed and copied them all fine. When I apply the the GFX to IGPU patch and your Haswell battery patch I get one error: unexpected $end on line 1.

Attachments

• SSDT with Device GFX0.zip
    43.2 KB · Views: 102
So I reinstalled Ubuntu and got all of the tables, even the dynamic ones. Maybe because last time I used a command to generate the tables to the desktop they got messed up, they were even missing from their original location, but this time I just compressed and copied them all fine. When I apply the the GFX to IGPU patch and your Haswell battery patch I get one error: unexpected $end on line 1.

You mean Haswell *brightness* patch, right?

Your GFX0 is in SSDT4.aml. First you should disassemble your SSDT4.aml properly:
Code:
iasl -e DSDT.aml -d SSDT4.aml

Now if you open the resulting SSDT4.dsl, you will have no errors when you compile.

When you disassemble your DSDT, similar:
Code:
iasl -e SSDT*.aml dynamic/SSDT*.aml -d DSDT.aml

Make sure you use a recent build of iasl: http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...ell-inspiron-17-7000-hackintosh-able-iasl.zip

So I used the most recent build of iASL, used the command to disassemble the SSDT4 properly. I got the SSDT4.dsl and it compiled without any errors. Now when I apply your Haswell Backlight Brightness patch I get this error on line 1:

Input file does not appear to be an ASL or data table source file

I already applied the GFX0 to IGPU patch and I'm pretty sure its not related to that.

So I used the most recent build of iASL, used the command to disassemble the SSDT4 properly. I got the SSDT4.dsl and it compiled without any errors. Now when I apply your Haswell Backlight Brightness patch I get this error on line 1:

Input file does not appear to be an ASL or data table source file

I already applied the GFX0 to IGPU patch and I'm pretty sure its not related to that.

Show a screen shot or upload the files involved. I cannot tell from your description what you're doing wrong.

Sorry I thought I did upload, well here. So again this error is after the GFX0 to IGPU patch plus your Haswell backlight brightness patch.

Attachments

• SSDT4 DSL.zip
    10.4 KB · Views: 85
Sorry I thought I did upload, well here. So again this error is after the GFX0 to IGPU patch plus your Haswell backlight brightness patch.

Not a problem here. I applied both patches from the repo (rename + brightness haswell) and the result compiles without errors.

Note: I am not certain of the purpose of the rtf file in your ZIP.

Strange... Well could you upload the aml. I copied the patch directly from the repo, maybe I missed something. If not I'll just copy it again. Do I need to enable drop SSDT in Chameleon? And when I place my SSDT in /Extra should it be named "SSDT" or keep the "SSDT4"?

Strange... Well could you upload the aml. I copied the patch directly from the repo, maybe I missed something. If not I'll just copy it again. Do I need to enable drop SSDT in Chameleon? And when I place my SSDT in /Extra should it be named "SSDT" or keep the "SSDT4"?

Don't copy. Follow the instructions: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

If you already have an SSDT for your CPU (eg. http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html), then the SSDT must be named SSDT-1.aml.

Don't forget to drop all OEM tables with DropSSDT=Y.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back