Contribute
Register

Lenovo IdeaPad Y410P Errors + Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I tried all the numbers again for IntelAzulFB. Most made the display blank, or froze on a black screen in verbose. Only one, IntelAzulFB=10, gave me an actual error to work on.View attachment 80973 This is where it has stopped every time. Just a reminder, I do have the patched mach_kernel.

Nvidia drivers are still loading. You need to remove all nvidia drivers (NV*, Geforce*), then go back to testing IntelAzulFB values. All testing was invalid because of the nvidia drivers loading.

It works!! Thanks a whole lot. After removing the Nvidia and GeForce kexts (7 each) I booted using the number 12 like you suggested and it works. 1024MB Vram and full graphics acceleration. Now i just need to fix the audio, brightness, and battery percentage and I assume I am finished. Couldn't have done it without your help.:)

It works!! Thanks a whole lot. After removing the Nvidia and GeForce kexts (7 each) I booted using the number 12 like you suggested and it works. 1024MB Vram and full graphics acceleration. Now i just need to fix the audio, brightness, and battery percentage and I assume I am finished. Couldn't have done it without your help.:)

Backlight brightness: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch. Apply "Brightness Fix (Haswell)". Then install ACPIBacklight.kext, https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight. This is new, and so far not working on all computers (but most). Test brightness in SysPrefs->Displays. Keyboard control is a separate issue and depends on what PS2 drivers you're using (which depends on what trackpad you have).

Battery status: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/116102-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

You should probably visit power management if you haven't yet: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html. Haswell is only slightly different in that you want a Haswell era smbios (iMac14,2 for example) and you don't need to patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (because you already patched mach_kernel which is where CPU pm is handled).

For audio, google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Use it to at least determine your audio codec via audio codec dump from Linux. Find and/or build patched AppleHDA. There are some useful DSDT patches related to audio in my laptop repo ("IRQ Fix", and "Audio Layout 12" -- change layout ID as appropriate).

I guess you already have WiFi/Ethernet working?

Yeah my Ethernet is working, even though it shows it under Bluetooth.

Yeah my Ethernet is working, even though it shows it under Bluetooth.

Bluetooth is not the same as Ethernet. Two completely different devices...

I know that but look Network.png, I physically have an ethernet cable plugged in and the internet is working fine although why it's like that idk. I honestly don't think i can edit the dsdt or ssdt. It seems way too complicated plus I have never had any experience. I did read your guide you linked me to though. I might work on the audio for now unless that needs dsdt.

Edit: I think the service was just named that by default, anyway I renamed it from Bluetooth Pan to something else.

I know that but look View attachment 80977, I physically have an ethernet cable plugged in and the internet is working fine although why it's like that idk. I honestly don't think i can edit the dsdt or ssdt. It seems way too complicated plus I have never had any experience. I did read your guide you linked me to though. I might work on the audio for now unless that needs dsdt.

Edit: I think the service was just named that by default, anyway I renamed it from Bluetooth Pan to something else.

Looks like something is mislabeled to me, but I guess you'll find out just how weird it is when you go to access the Mac App Store (MAS requires built-in Ethernet or built-in WiFi/AirPort).

Patched AppleHDA is by far the most complex task. Requires patching a kext (significant work) or finding one already patched (bit of luck) and DSDT patches.

Power management should be something done early in the process... and checked often.

Mac App Store works fine, just tested it. We'll I did find patched kexts for ALC282 (AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext) although audio doesn't work just yet. I going to try to find all the resources (including yours) I can to try and patch the dsdt. Power sounds like a good place to start then.

Mac App Store works fine, just tested it. We'll I did find patched kexts for ALC282 (AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext) although audio doesn't work just yet. I going to try to find all the resources (including yours) I can to try and patch the dsdt. Power sounds like a good place to start then.

I would avoid the HDAEnabler and instead do DSDT patches. The enabler will not be able to effect "IRQ Fix", so you need to patch the DSDT regardless of the enabler... and while you're patching for IRQ, might as well use patches for the rest and avoid the enabler (enabler can cause issues with USB amongst other things).

So I took a shot at editing my dsdt today and managed to get a working battery status. Just wondering if you wanted to add the patch to your repo for the Lenovo IdeaPad Y410P.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back