Contribute
Register

Lenovo IdeaPad Y410P Errors + Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I took a shot at editing my dsdt today and managed to get a working battery status. Just wondering if you wanted to add the patch to your repo for the Lenovo IdeaPad Y410P.

Sure, please submit it (and your native DSDT) at the battery patch thread as an attachment. Thanks!

I'm trying to get the backlight brightness working. Can you take a look at this error for me? I applied this patch: into device label GFX0 set_label begin IGPU end;into scope label \_SB.PCI0.GFX0 set_label begin \_SB.PCI0.IGPU end;
into_all all code_regex GFX0 replaceall_matched begin IGPU end
to change GFX0 to IGPU, but when I apply your backlight brightness patch from your laptop repo I get 1 error and I don't know what it means. I'll attach the DSDT (no brightness patch applied) and your patch that I used. If you can take a look at it that would be great.

Attachments

• DSDT+Patch.zip
    32.6 KB · Views: 89
I'm trying to get the backlight brightness working. Can you take a look at this error for me? I applied this patch: into device label GFX0 set_label begin IGPU end;into scope label \_SB.PCI0.GFX0 set_label begin \_SB.PCI0.IGPU end;
into_all all code_regex GFX0 replaceall_matched begin IGPU end
to change GFX0 to IGPU, but when I apply your backlight brightness patch from your laptop repo I get 1 error and I don't know what it means. I'll attach the DSDT (no brightness patch applied) and your patch that I used. If you can take a look at it that would be great.

The problem is your actual GFX0 device (now renamed to IGPU) is not in your DSDT. It is instead in an SSDT. You will need to apply the "Brightness Fix (Haswell)" patch to your SSDT that contains your GFX0 device. Also, don't forget to do the same rename as you did for the DSDT.

I applied the patch to my unedited SSDT and I still received the same error as the DSDT. Attached unedited SSDT.

Attachments

• ssdt_pr.dsl
    10.4 KB · Views: 117
I applied the patch to my unedited SSDT and I still received the same error as the DSDT. Attached unedited SSDT.

No. That is an SSDT you generated for your power management. I'm referring to one of your OEM SSDTs (there are several and they act as "extensions" to DSDT). You can extract them in Linux. They are available in /sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic.

I have tried unsuccessfully many times to get this brightness working. I have no clue whats wrong. I have no ACPI methods in my dsdt or ssdt [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]_DOS _BCL _BCM _BQC so I'm guessing this just might not work. My "Apple Backlight Display" doesn't load. I have gotten pretty far granted that I have only heard about what a DSDT is a week ago for the first time. If anyone wants to take a look. Other than that the graphics are working, with QE/CI, the power management is fine with the battery, most everything except the backlight brightness and Apple HDA which I haven't even gotten to yet because of the backlight problems.[/FONT]

Attachments

• DSDT SSDT ETC.zip
    150.5 KB · Views: 78
I have tried unsuccessfully many times to get this brightness working. I have no clue whats wrong. I have no ACPI methods in my dsdt or ssdt [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]_DOS _BCL _BCM _BQC so I'm guessing this just might not work. My "Apple Backlight Display" doesn't load. I have gotten pretty far granted that I have only heard about what a DSDT is a week ago for the first time. If anyone wants to take a look. Other than that the graphics are working, with QE/CI, the power management is fine with the battery, most everything except the backlight brightness and Apple HDA which I haven't even gotten to yet because of the backlight problems.[/FONT]

First you need to find the SSDT that contains your graphics (look for 'Device (GFX0'). Have you dumped all your ACPI tables? Best to use Linux... they are all available in /sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic.

Yes I dumped all of my tables using Ubuntu. I went through all of them, none came up with anything like what you said to search for, "Device (GFX0)" obviously without the quotes. I renamed the only SSDT that even had a mention of GFX0. I haven't edited any of the ACPI tables. Of the 4 with SSDT only the one (renamed) had anything labeled GFX0 and nothing like I quoted earlier. Unless those ACPI tables are somehow wrong, I don't know where else to look.

Attachments

• SSDT with GFX0.aml
    13.1 KB · Views: 113
  • ACPI.zip
    28.3 KB · Views: 78
Yes I dumped all of my tables using Ubuntu. I went through all of them, none came up with anything like what you said to search for, "Device (GFX0)" obviously without the quotes. I renamed the only SSDT that even had a mention of GFX0. I haven't edited any of the ACPI tables. Of the 4 with SSDT only the one (renamed) had anything labeled GFX0 and nothing like I quoted earlier. Unless those ACPI tables are somehow wrong, I don't know where else to look.

I don't think you've collected them all. Make sure you are collecting directly from the file system in /sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic.

I'm going to reinstall Ubuntu and try again. Last time I checked /sys/firmware/ACPI/tables/dynamic was empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back