Contribute
Register

Lenovo IdeaPad Y410P Errors + Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
i copied acpiplatform from my friends mac running 10.9.2 it had cf bundle version 2.
so as i rebooted it gave me a kernel panick.
Now i cant boot even in safe mode.
i have a working win 8.1 installed but somehow am not able to use hfs+ to see the mac partition

i copied acpiplatform from my friends mac running 10.9.2 it had cf bundle version 2.
so as i rebooted it gave me a kernel panick.
Now i cant boot even in safe mode.
i have a working win 8.1 installed but somehow am not able to use hfs+ to see the mac partition

Time for a fresh install.

I would do what RehabMan suggested. I haven't had that problem so I don't know what to fix exactly. For the wifi, the card in the Y410P isn't supported, so you need to either use an ethernet cable, or buy a usb wifi adapter for like $10. The one I am using is EDUP EP-N8508, got it for $8 from Amazon and it works perfectly. You'll need to download the free software for it to work though.

Also, fresh install is your friend, yeah it takes 20 minutes but it can help.

Thanks for your help!
i will install fresh and use the files u uploaded CoLdhAm1967.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your help!
i am already using that same wifi adapter.
i will install fresh and use the files u uploaded CoLdhAm1967.

Refer to this post (#69). You can use these files to help you get started if you want. I tried to put all the necessary things I used.

Yes I would recommend a fresh install. I must have done 3-4 fresh installs setting mine up properly. I'll include a zip with all the essentials. Please note that you specifically need a "Lenovo IdeaPad Y410P" for the DSDT's and SSDTs to work, as far as I know Lenovo has never released a BIOS update so you should be ok. Also, if you are using a HDD with 4k sectors, there is a possibility that you can receive a boot error. I'll post the fix just incase: Fix 4k boot error for Chameleon in recovery:

Dismount install partition
•In terminal type:
"dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk1s2 bs=4k"

*This is what I experienced and just precautionary.

Just make sure you use kext utility when you install kexts, and until it is working, at least once before power down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back