Contribute
Register

Is there anyone who can help me with my ASUS N550JK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, if they were really the same, the result would be the same.
What happens when you try to boot via the Clover on your HDD EFI?

Clover starts but there isn't the option to boot OS from HD

Clover starts but there isn't the option to boot OS from HD

It most likely means you forgot about HFSPlus.efi in drivers64UEFI.

That's assuming you're booting UEFI...

Your profile is not filled out, so who knows how you're booting Clover.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

It most likely means you forgot about HFSPlus.efi in drivers64UEFI.

That's assuming you're booting UEFI...

Your profile is not filled out, so who knows how you're booting Clover.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Ok, I completed my signature.

Actually I didn't know the difference between UEFI and Legacy but Windows was in Legacy and I proceeded in this way. However I got to install OS only with Legacy, I've always failed using UEFI installation

It is not possible to install OS X to a legacy Windows/MBR HDD. The OS X installer requires GPT.

It is not possible to install OS X to a legacy Windows/MBR HDD. The OS X installer requires GPT.
No, I didn't explain it well. I didn't know how to check if my Bios was UEFI or Legacy but knowing Windows was in Legacy I thought (maybe I thought wrong) to install OS X in Legacy too. But I installed it in another HDD in GPT anyway

No, I didn't explain it well. I didn't know how to check if my Bios was UEFI or Legacy but knowing Windows was in Legacy I thought (maybe I thought wrong) to install OS X in Legacy too. But I installed it in another HDD in GPT anyway

You should use UEFI ... you can still boot your legacy Windows install (since it is on a separate disk) in legacy via Clover.

You should use UEFI ... you can still boot your legacy Windows install (since it is on a separate disk) in legacy via Clover.
So should I reinstall the whole El Capitan or I can just install Clover UEFI on my HDD?

So should I reinstall the whole El Capitan or I can just install Clover UEFI on my HDD?

The guide (and FAQ) covers more than just Clover... but assuming you already have a GPT drive with OS X on it, you can simply install Clover UEFI then reconfigure your BIOS for UEFI boot to Clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back