Contribute
Register

Is there anyone who can help me with my ASUS N550JK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I built my USB with my friend's macbook pro and finally I got to install El Capitan on my laptop following the Clover guide you told me to follow. I really thank you!

Now I just have some issues with some sub options, for example WiFi and Audio don't work. There are also some graphics bugs sometimes (such as the scrollbars) and I can't see the battery status. Actually I think there are other issues I didn't found yet. So, could you help me in this?

EDIT: I figured out I can't boot El Capitan from HD's Clover. I just can do it with my USB. Any ideas?

EDIT: I figured out I can't boot El Capitan from HD's Clover. I just can do it with my USB. Any ideas?

It means your Clover setup is wrong/not the same as on USB.

It means your Clover setup is wrong/not the same as on USB.
So should I copy the EFI folder of the USB stick into El Capitan's HDD? I read this somewhere

And as regard kexts' problems what should I do?

Yea I did it at the beginning. Then what should I do?

If HDD EFI/Clover is configured exactly as for USB EFI/Clover, the result will be the same when using either.

If you have a different result, then clearly they are not the same.

If HDD EFI/Clover is configured exactly as for USB EFI/Clover, the result will be the same when using either.

If you have a different result, then clearly they are not the same.

Ok, I reinstalled HDD EFI/clover with the same configuration of USB EFI/clover but still it doesn't work. Should I do anything else maybe?

Ok, I reinstalled HDD EFI/clover with the same configuration of USB EFI/clover but still it doesn't work. Should I do anything else maybe?

Like I said, if they were really the same, the result would be the same.
Hard to know what you are doing wrong without details.

Keep in mind you must mount the EFI partition to access it. If you have an EFI folder on your system volume (meaning you installed Clover incorrectly at some point), it is not the same as the EFI partition.

What happens when you try to boot via the Clover on your HDD EFI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back