Contribute
Register

Is there anyone who can help me with my ASUS N550JK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS N550JK (Clover)
CPU
i7-4700hq/HM86
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850m + HD4600, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone!

First of all, I'd specify I'm from Italy so sorry for my not perfect English haha

Well, I'm writing this threade because I've been spending my whole days (and nights sometimes) for a couple of weeks trying to install El Capitan on my ASUS N550JK.
Unfortunately I've never found any tutorials written exactly for my notebook. Yea, I found on the web some guides for similar laptops, but nothing for my N550JK. And, as you're probably understanding, I didn't get to install it yet.

I have to say I'm entering in this big world just in these days so I'm not this expert. I've tried lots of different combinations of tutorials, bootloaders, files found on the web but still, for some reasons, I cannot install it. Sometimes, during the first boot the apple appears but after a few seconds it desappears and my computer reboots; other times there's the apple with the loading bar but suddenly it blocks. Once, with a particular configuration, I succeeded to reach the installation part but somehow it failed anyway.

So my question is: is there anyone who has my same laptop who can help me to install this cursed OS? lol
Or if anyone can advise some guide which could work with my ASUS. I'm desperate guys haha!

If it's useful for you, these are my notebook's technical specifications:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ Processor
Chipset: Intel® HM86 Express Chipset
RAM: DDR3L 1600 MHz SDRAM, DIMM Up to 16 G
Graphic: Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 4600 + NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX850M with 4GB DDR3
Networking: Integrated 802.11 b/g/n, Built-in Bluetooth™ V4.0+H, 10/100/1000 Base T, BT 4.0 support (on WLAN+ BT 4.0 combo card)

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone!

First of all, I'd specify I'm from Italy so sorry for my not perfect English haha

Well, I'm writing this threade because I've been spending my whole days (and nights sometimes) for a couple of weeks trying to install El Capitan on my ASUS N550JK.
Unfortunately I've never found any tutorials written exactly for my notebook. Yea, I found on the web some guides for similar laptops, but nothing for my N550JK. And, as you're probably understanding, I didn't get to install it yet.

I have to say I'm entering in this big world just in these days so I'm not this expert. I've tried lots of different combinations of tutorials, bootloaders, files found on the web but still, for some reasons, I cannot install it. Sometimes, during the first boot the apple appears but after a few seconds it desappears and my computer reboots; other times there's the apple with the loading bar but suddenly it blocks. Once, with a particular configuration, I succeeded to reach the installation part but somehow it failed anyway.

So my question is: is there anyone who has my same laptop who can help me to install this cursed OS? lol
Or if anyone can advise some guide which could work with my ASUS. I'm desperate guys haha!

If it's useful for you, these are my notebook's technical specifications:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ Processor
Chipset: Intel® HM86 Express Chipset
RAM: DDR3L 1600 MHz SDRAM, DIMM Up to 16 G
Graphic: Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 4600 + NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX850M with 4GB DDR3
Networking: Integrated 802.11 b/g/n, Built-in Bluetooth™ V4.0+H, 10/100/1000 Base T, BT 4.0 support (on WLAN+ BT 4.0 combo card)

Thanks in advance!

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Yes... it is the only "Clover guide" linked from the FAQ.
Well, is it a problem if I use a virtual machine? Cause I don't have got any Mac computer

Ok, I'm going on with my VM anyway. But I have a big question: shoud I use UEFI or Legacy method? I've already checked my notebook's configuration and it says Legacy but, surfing on the web, there's a tutorial for ASUS N550JV (mine is JK) which uses Vanilla's method (UEFI only). So I'm confused. Then can you clarify if I should use GPT or MBR? I'm doing MBR this time and I'll see if it will work but I'm not sure. Sorry for my ignorance haha

UPDATE: USB is built but when I try to boot Clover I can't see OS X Installer if I choose UEFI: Usb from boot menù (1st pic) or I get this (2nd pic) when I choose Usb (no UEFI) from boot menù. What should I do?

Attachments

• IMG_0040.JPG
    IMG_0040.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0039.JPG
    IMG_0039.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 156
Well, is it a problem if I use a virtual machine? Cause I don't have got any Mac computer

You will need access to a Mac or working hack in order to download OS X.

Ok, I'm going on with my VM anyway. But I have a big question: shoud I use UEFI or Legacy method? I've already checked my notebook's configuration and it says Legacy but, surfing on the web, there's a tutorial for ASUS N550JV (mine is JK) which uses Vanilla's method (UEFI only). So I'm confused. Then can you clarify if I should use GPT or MBR? I'm doing MBR this time and I'll see if it will work but I'm not sure. Sorry for my ignorance haha

From where do you plan to download OS X for the VM?

Keep in mind the rules (you already agreed to them): http://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back