Contribute
Register

Incredibly Random Complete System Freeze (UD5H, i7, GTX 670)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disabling Firewire in BIOS did not solve the issue. I just had another freeze today. I'm starting to see that it freezes often when it's not being used. I've had freezes in the middle of using the computer, but rarely now. All of the freezes happen overnight, or during the day when I leave the computer on for a long duration of time.

I've disabled putting display to sleep, disabled screensaver, and also disable putting hard drives to sleep.

Thanks for the help guys. Any more suggestions? :(

Disabling Firewire in BIOS did not solve the issue. I just had another freeze today. I'm starting to see that it freezes often when it's not being used. I've had freezes in the middle of using the computer, but rarely now. All of the freezes happen overnight, or during the day when I leave the computer on for a long duration of time.

I've disabled putting display to sleep, disabled screensaver, and also disable putting hard drives to sleep.

Thanks for the help guys. Any more suggestions? :(
It could be a number of things, most likley hardware related. Could be bad RAM. When i slightly overclocked my cpu I was getting random screen freezes, it was really bizarre, because it was only like 4.3ghz. Messing around with the load line calibration seemed to fix it. You could try under clocking your cpu and see if the freezes go away.

Ran memtest already. All OK.

I am having the same problem. Mine freezes as soon as it starts up. He mouse can not be moved for about a minute after startup. Running video is a no no it freezes but still plays sound of video. I'm frustrated and about to just sell this thing. :(

I have the same problem. Totally random freeze. Sometimes it freezes at the and of my work day(working about 8 hours without freeze). Sometimes it freezes after half an hour after I switch on my computer. Last time it was freezed when I browsing using chrome.

My specs:
- Core i3 3225 (HD4000)
- Asus P8H77-M
- 2x 8Gb DDR3-1600
- 2Tb Seagate HDD

Without external graphic card

In addition I noticed that freezes occur almost always when I used internet connection (google hangouts or skype or quickly open a lot of tabs in browser).

P.S. please let me know if you find solution.

I'm experiencing the same problems.

Gigabyte Z77-DS3H
i5 3570k

HD4000 video

I have not been able to isolate the problem. Is there a way to diagnose using console? I've tried searching but not found any concrete information.

Can you get your hands on another PSU to test the other hardware with? I had a rig once that would do EXACTLY as you describe, and after thinking it was this or that, and even replacing the RAM, the PSU ended up being the culprit -delivering inconsistent voltages.

Just a thought...

Hope you can figure it out. I have exactly the same board on my best machine and have never had issues like you describe with it. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back