Contribute
Register

Incredibly Random Complete System Freeze (UD5H, i7, GTX 670)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm on x58a-ud3r v.2 with 980x, and gtx470, and had same issues... I've noticed this behavior started with 10.8.2 update, and was going on until I downclocked the cpu. I was running fine at 4.4Ghz pretty much all the time before 10.8.2 update. Now, I'm running at 3.4 and no more freezes, however, if I go just to 3.6 it freezes again. I know it is not a cpu temp, because I'm on water, and have monitors on at all times. BTW cpu has never gone over 80c under heavy transcoding...

I've been getting freezes after resuming from sleep since installing Mavericks. It doesn't happen after every time the computer wakes up, but say 50% of the time. Never had this sort of wake-up freeze on ML. Any ideas?

I have it also with my gigabyte z77-ud5h and 3770k. It occurs very often but most of the time when i'm working in logic pro 9. I've ran some tests and all seemed to work fine but it still gives freezes which you can only dissolve by hard resetting. I'm also on maverick. The one who finds the sollution will be crowned a king!

I am also suffering these system freezes since the move to Mavericks, no hardware changes whatsoever.

• Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
  • Gigabyte GV-R7970TO-3GD
  • i7 3770K
  • 32Gb Corsair
  • Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

Using Windows in a VMWare Fusion session seems to make the problem worse, sometimes it will lock the whole machine up within minutes.

When the machine is left alone over night I will come back in the morning and it has gone fully to sleep and will not wake, I suspect it has also frozen at this point.

I have the system configured not to goto sleep in Energy Saver settings.

This is really annoying as I need this system to be stable and it was for months running Mountain Lion :banghead:

Hello everyone,
One month ago I made a new rig using Intel 4770K with Asus Maximus Vi Formula running Mavericks.
Everything was working great with Intel Onboard Graphics 4600 until yesterday which I bought Asus
GTX 770 OC 2GB. Since then I have some random freezes. I searched
already in many places over the internet and my conclusion so far is that the Kepler chip which is inside in last generations of Nvidia Graphics cards cause all these random freezes.

well i don't have a extra videocard and i'm using the internal graphics from the hd4000 from intel and the mac still freezes so i think its something else whats wrong. i have a 2008 macbook pro which had the same issues and thats the reason i build a hackintosh but the problem looks almost the same as on the macbook pro. the only thing different is that on the macbook pro also the audio is going to lag and it started to stutter. with the freezes on the hackintosh it pretty much looks the same except for the stuttering audio. maybe its something in osx itself. but i had it also on snow leopard and lion on my macbook pro.

This is hardware issue. If memory are not buy in a single kit of 4 memory stick the XMP value is not good for work with 4 sticks.

4 sticks make more stress on CPU memory controller. I have actually the same problem and test some value to solve this problem.

You can try increase memory voltage by +0,5 at each try (if default voltage is 1,5v, max is 1,65v), increase VCCSA by +0,5V at each try (max value 1,2v) and VCCIO by +0,5V at each try (max value 1,2v). Increase value together so you will keep the same delta between DRAM voltage CPU Memory Controller (it's better).

If solution don't work you will need change you're memory for a single 4 stick kit in Qualified Vendors List.

Im already using 4 sticks of KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX (4x4GB) running at 1600Mhz with XMP set from Bios.
I didn't have any problem until I bought my Asus GTX 770 a couple days ago. So in my case the freezes came from my gpu. I was ready to go back to ML 10.8.5 but then I found an app called "Freeze Fix" and from yesterday morning I didn't have any freezes (after the fix the system was running more than 15 hours + 5 hours today). I hope my problem is solved... I'll update again soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back