Contribute
Register
Anyway I’ve already had the hot plug with ssdt type B, but the hdd or usb stick doesn’t survive the sleep/wake cycle... I still get a “disk not ejected properly” error.
This is another problem, which you can solve with fixusb.sh
With me it worked ;)

This is another problem, which you can solve with fixusb.sh
With me it worked ;)

I know that script and the use of Jettison... but my motherboard doesn't have that problem by design: USB2/3/3.1 ports are all working correctly with Rehabman method and the Apple's limit to 15 total ports, even during sleep/wake cycles. This behaviour is only related to Thunderbolt 3 ports so I don't think Jettison or any other scripts are the right path to follow ... ;)

Anyway, at the moment, the situation is:

• with SSDT type B I got no hot plug functionality and "disk not ejected properly" after waking up. No presence in system report.
  • with SSDT type C (@canyondust thanks!) I got partial hot plug functionality; which means that I can unplug the storage device provided that it has been plugged before boot process, and I will have the device attached again. It does not survive the sleep/wakeup but it doesn't not wake up with an error, it simply doesn't show any device anymore after wake up.
Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 12.15.37.png
But still UAD card is not working properly even if it has been recognised by the system ...

Last edited:
I currently use the Thunderbolt 3/2 Apple adapter without problems. When I installed the Alpine Ridge drivers in Windows, everything worked fine with the adapter, also hotplug (only in windows)!

did you also update the Alpine Ridge's fw to the last version?

I know that script and the use of Jettison... but my motherboard doesn't have that problem by design: USB2/3/3.1 ports are all working correctly with Rehabman method and the Apple's limit to 15 total ports, even during sleep/wake cycles. This behaviour is only related to Thunderbolt 3 ports so I don't think Jettison or any other scripts are the right path to follow ... ;)

Anyway, at the moment, the situation is:

• with SSDT type B I got no hot plug functionality and "disk not ejected properly" after waking up. No presence in system report.
  • with SSDT type C (@canyondust thanks!) I got partial hot plug functionality; which means that I cannot unplug the storage device provided that it has been plugged before boot process, and I will have the device attached again. It does not survive the sleep/wakeup but it doesn't not wake up with an error, it simply doesn't show any device anymore after wake up.
View attachment 324397
But still UAD card is not working properly even if it has been recognised by the system ...

Yeah don’t use my SSDT. SSDT-B is still the best one, mine actually breaks some native usb3.1 functionality.

did you also update the Alpine Ridge's fw to the last version?
Mine was already updated because it is the rev. 2.0

From a couple of days I'm trying to do not using the SSDT for Thunderbolt.
The result is that my devices reconnect properly after sleep anyway. But I also noticed something important, that is my devices not only reconnect correctly after sleep, but if while my computer is in sleep, I turn them off and then reignite them before the wake, they still connect correctly!

What did you do to make the wake from sleep working without SSDT?
Absolutely nothing, in my configuration the devices reconnect even after sleep. Probably this happened even before the various SSDTs, but I had not noticed it.
However, if I turn off a device (the last one in the chain) before sleep, after sleep, the others will also disconnect.

I can finally sleep my hack without ill effects. It looks like an adapted version off the original SSDT-TB from post#1 in this thread made this possible? Not completely sure yet. Still, nothing in the thunderbolt section or pci in About This Mac...
Hot swap doesn't work at all, if I unplug/replug my TB adapter nothing comes back, and my USB devices connected to the other TB/USB-c port also get kicked off.

Thats gret news! So you took that SSDT and then edited it with the correct ports for your system if needed and thats it?

I’ve tried with SSDT 3 and had the cosmetic changes in about this mac but no luck with sleep :-/

Edit: reading the other thread on the other forum about this topic I’m gonna try the first SSDT from post #1 and try that! Hoping you guys make som progress in the near future!

Last edited:
I've changed everything finally included TB3 :)) Still struggling with TB3 monitor USB peripheral's issue after sleep/wake.

But my own SSDT-USB, SSDT-PCI and SSDT-TB3 :)) make my hack real beauty.

Hopefully, we can find out the solution for Hotswap.

Cheer!
Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 11.17.02 PM.png

Back