Contribute
Register
So, for a Z170x-ud5-th this PCIaddr would be 13:00:00, if I understand IORegistryExplorer correctly? I don't see any relevant info in the clover boot log... I've been reading up on the kgp thread, but it's a bit much and full with non-related info...
If I combine the adapted clover hotpatch with your SSDT-C-TB3 I can hotplug and sleep properly? Can I have a look at your culled config.plist?

I went ahead and adapted the clover hotpatch with 13:00:00 (should this be hex? decimal?) and put the SSD-C-TB3 back. Sleep still kills my TB ethernet adapter, unfortunately. It is lost after sleep. Hot swap doesn't work either.
I see some more info in About This Mac/PCI.
Schermafbeelding 2018-04-07 om 23.12.03.png

So one important (possibly crucial) difference between an Add-In card and a built-in card is the PCI address.
On a real iMac 18,3 you get the UPSB device at 5:0:0. With an Add in card you get something similar (4:0:0, 6:0:0, etc). The Alpine Ridge controller built into the Z170x-UD5 TH shows up at 65:0:0, and there may be some issue in addressing it as an arbitrary device in clover? I'm not sure. It would be interesting to see what happens with a gigabyte board and a gigabyte add-in card.

65.0.0? Are you sure?

Also tried 65.0.0 and 66.0.0(my upsb pci debug address), to no avail. Are these addresses hex? Decimal? What does Clover expect?

Tried this yesterday with the SSDT-C 3 and pciADDR. Not really sure how to find the right pciADDR yet though. Got it to recognize PCI device, both my alpine ridge and Clarett 4Pre. But still can’t reconnect after slee which would be a dream to be able to do!

Any thoughts on how to get that worling as some here have?

Tried this yesterday with the SSDT-C 3 and pciADDR. Not really sure how to find the right pciADDR yet though. Got it to recognize PCI device, both my alpine ridge and Clarett 4Pre. But still can’t reconnect after slee which would be a dream to be able to do!

Any thoughts on how to get that worling as some here have?

SSDT-C-3 isn’t complete, it needs more work to enable hotplug. Right now it just seems to inject device properties cosmetically and I don’t recommend it’s use without further development.

Back