Contribute
Register

i9 build - Kernel Panic on shut down or restart. CPU related? & Bluetooth probs at startup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte 7390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon Vll
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I built my first Hackintosh yesterday.

Gigabyte 7390 Gaming M
i9 9900k 8-core
MSI Vegs 56 Airboost
16 GB DD4 RAM
I/O Gear bluetooth module (in usb 2 port)
Nocura Cooler

Runs great. Very fast. Two problems:

There is no bluetooth at startup so I have to plug in a wired keyboard and mouse. Then once in I have to re-pair my apple wireless keyboard and mouse every time. I read the I/O gear bluetooth model was good for Hackintosh. I must be missing something?

The big problem is a kernel panic at shutdown or restart. It says something about an unresponsive cpu? I considered installing the voodooTSCSync for 6 and 8 core support but when I read about it it says it was only for the older i9 chips. Images attached.

I'm new to all of this so please try to help me understand the process. Thank you!
uc

uc

Last edited:
I'm running into the same kernel panic message, but on my respective hardware and 10.14.1. I've tried all sorts of combinations of ACPI, DSDT, and other patches to avail. I'm cleaning up other things with my configuration before posting problem reporting files.

Hi,

I built my first Hackintosh yesterday.

Gigabyte 7390 Gaming M
i9 9900k 8-core
MSI Vegs 56 Airboost
16 GB DD4 RAM
I/O Gear bluetooth module (in usb 2 port)
Nocura Cooler

Runs great. Very fast. Two problems:

There is no bluetooth at startup so I have to plug in a wired keyboard and mouse. Then once in I have to re-pair my apple wireless keyboard and mouse every time. I read the I/O gear bluetooth model was good for Hackintosh. I must be missing something?

The big problem is a kernel panic at shutdown or restart. It says something about an unresponsive cpu? I considered installing the voodooTSCSync for 6 and 8 core support but when I read about it it says it was only for the older i9 chips. Images attached.

I'm new to all of this so please try to help me understand the process. Thank you!
uc

uc

Hi there.

I can't help with your cutting-edge CPU but the Bluetooth problem is common to Hackintoshes.

A PC BIOS has no BT stack or driver so you have to wait for the OS - Windows or macOS - to load before the devices will work.

A 'wireless' way around this will only work for a normal keyboard with a dedicated wifi USB dongle. Put this in USB port number "1", the usual BIOS entry port, and it will work :thumbup:. Sadly not BT though ....

Hello.

Looking at your specs it seems a standard enough build. Is there a reason for using the XHCI-unsupported.kext with your motherboard (the OP too it seems)? I know @RehabMan mentions using it in his guide to Creating a Custom SSDT For USBInjectAll but it might not be necessary in all cases.

Also you could try going back to FakeSMC.kext and removing VirtualSMC.kext. :thumbup:

:)
Hi,

H370, B360, and H310 Coffee Lake system, or an X79/X99/X299 you'll likely want to make sure to include the XHCI-unsupported.kext.

And my problem fixed! My hackintosh now works flawlessly, shutdown/restart/sleep works.

My mobo is MSI, I have to use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi instead of AptioMemoryFix.efi.

Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 3.39.27 AM.png

I also change darkwake to darkwake=8 in Boot section of clover.plist.

Hi,

H370, B360, and H310 Coffee Lake system, or an X79/X99/X299 you'll likely want to make sure to include the XHCI-unsupported.kext.

And my problem fixed! My hackintosh now works flawlessly, shutdown/restart/sleep works.

My mobo is MSI, I have to use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi instead of AptioMemoryFix.efi. Can you show your EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI?

View attachment 371233

I also change darkwake to darkwake=8 in Boot section of clover.plist.

Good news! Well done :thumbup:

As for the *.efi - I use:

OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

:)

I can confirm, switching from AptioMemoryFix to OsxAptioFix2Drv solves the issue. IIRC this issue did not occur under OsxAptioFixDrv, but am not going to check since 2 is newer. I was under the impression that AptioMemoryFix was a replacement/newer (please correct me if I'm wrong), but it seems it is not compatible with our configuration in some way.

I can confirm, switching from AptioMemoryFix to OsxAptioFix2Drv solves the issue. IIRC this issue did not occur under OsxAptioFixDrv, but am not going to check since 2 is newer. I was under the impression that AptioMemoryFix was a replacement/newer (please correct me if I'm wrong), but it seems it is not compatible with our configuration in some way.

AptioMemoryFix is a fork of the original OsxAptioFix2 driver with a cleaner (yet still terrible) codebase and improved stability and functionality according to the author

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back