Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
as per the instructions, chameleon wizard is only open to get the serial? (nothing else done with it?)
Yes. As an alternative I'd recommend Clover Configurator, this also comes with an option to generate the serial. Frankly, I do not understand why the procedure shilohh suggests is so complicated?
2.add uuidgen number but wait until after install etc to get Ethernet number to input
Same here. Actually, I did none of these steps, just let Clover (auto)generate my UUID. So if there is a reason not to do so, I would be interested in an explanation.
3.install web drivers at point indicated before reboot making sure nv_disable=1 & -x -v is in the plist but not in conjunction with nvda_drv=1.
Yeah, nvda_drv=1 should be set by the NVIDIA installer itself, and is normally set in NVRAM, not as a boot arg. nv-disable=1 might be needed if your card cannot boot with the native OS X drivers (which seems to be the case here). But you only need it until you have installed the NVIDIA drivers.
4.make NVidia web drivers active not native drivers in sys pref (do the drivers in fact take hold after install pre-boot? from what I recall I couldn't do this ill check this afternoon)
Yeah, the NVIDIA drivers should take over after they are installed. But make sure your NVRAM works as it should, no matter if it is emulated, but saved values MUST persist, or else the setting will be lost after reboot.
5.use OsxAptioFixDrv2 not OsxAptioFixDrv
Only if your boards benefits (not sure, you have a different one). Do the NVRAM persistence test, if it works stick with OsxAptioFixDrv2. If not, use OsxAptioFixDrv with UEFI Emu driver.
multibeast: add only what shilohh directed. i.e. ALC 1150 (for R4BE), efi bootloader, usb3.0
For first boot, or troubleshooting I would even install less. Audio and USB3 are not needed for booting, but can make problems. Easier to troubleshoot if you add these one by one. Also, make sure you test sleep and PM with each step, esp Audio and USB3 also can have several issues here.

@frontenddev, you say not to use both nv_disable=1 & nvda_drv=1?
shilohh has it shown here to use such flags.

OK I saw you have a 780Ti card which cannot boot natively. In this case it can make sense to use these:

nv_disable=1 means that OS X should not boot using built in OS X NVIDIA drivers
nvda_drv=1 means OS X should use the external NVIDIA drivers.

So setting both is of course redundant. But: actually these settings allow you to boot even without installed NVIDIA drivers. Later on, you ALWAYS will boot with the NVIDIA drivers, no matter what you set in the control panel. Since your card cannot boot natively, this also actually makes sense.

So in short:

- non "native" card (as with yours): these settings make sense
- card which can boot OOTB: these settings are not needed, nvda_drv should be set in NVRAM (to allow driver switching).

minimal multibeast install
used the kext install shilohh uses deleted usb kext from extensions folder

Yeah, what I told you: "minimal install" is the keyword here ;)

So it seems you did too much at once before. Now, if you are stable, you can sort problems out and add things - but only ONE BY ONE, and test thorougly after each step ;)

Unfortunately no idea why you cannot set resolutions. Further tweaking might be necessary here.

sleep works
rebooting/login stable
hardware/temp monitor looks good

need to sort out:

audio (which should already work) < reinstall 1150 with multibeast? any other checks? ext folder?
usb 3.0 (?tips?)
internet/Ethernet (?tips?)
display (4k/native resolution) (?tips?)

4k resolution issue:
Here's a post I found on the site.

would it be risky in changing profiles?
from my current (outlined in shilohh's process) to macmini6,2?

----------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Guys, first time post on here, thanks to tonymac. After 2 days research, 4k 60hz with Dell UP2414Q succeeded with both OS X 10.10 and OS X 10.10.1.

GA Z77MX D3H TH
i5 3570K
MSI Geforce GTX 760 2GD5/OC ITX
SSD 250GB (OS X 10.10.1)
SSD 250GB (Windows 8.1 Pro)
HDD 2TB (DATA)

Here is what I did:

1, Install MultiBeast - Yosemite Edition 7.0.2 with MAC MINI 6.2 definition.

2, Add "<key>Kernel Flags</key> <string>nvda_drv=1</string>" on org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

3, Install Nvidia WebDriver-343.01.02f01 for OS X 10.10.1
http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...px/80070/en-us

or (WebDriver-343.01.01f03 for OS X 10.10)
http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...px/79077/en-us

Restart. (no flags needed for me)
If start on monitor setting at DP1.2 need monitor power cycling. if start at DP1.1 just need change to DP1.2.

That's it, quit simple, isn't it?
I hope everybody could enjoy the very nice 4k monitor.:thumbup:

a good update here:

just used the displayport cable and got awesome 4k resolution

installed my NI Komplete audio drivers and now have audio

only problem not internet setup at the moment, so trying to figure out how to get my programs across.
most of them rely on internet connection which i only have mobile available at my house (very $$$$$)

i think it all hinged on deleting problematic kexts as described earlier.
i think ill have to clone my setup once it's working just in case.
it's getting there. so happy now, but it is such a gauntlet as a noob paying 4.5k based on theoretically 'easy' hackintosh setup.

wonderful work...
i trully appreciate your detailled description here
it makes it simple an crystal clear.
good luck for your future projects

taking out all the frustrations in between,
we could get really concise solutions for people here.

ive seen really similar builds across the board,
but a lot of murk disallows the next person from adopting a clean solution.

so. if someone new has the same setup as me and wants to get to the same position let me know.

thanks to those who got me this far.
:clap:

only problem not internet setup at the moment, so trying to figure out how to get my programs across.

Just no Internet, or no Ethernet at all?

Have you tried AppleIntelE1000e.kext?

so happy now, but it is such a gauntlet as a noob paying 4.5k based on theoretically 'easy' hackintosh setup.

Welcome to the club ;) So you're learning the hard way now.

But I think you should succeed with your setup, so keep going!

@FrontEnd_Dev

ill give that a go thanks.

hopefully it's just a temp glitch, but the display wasn't showing the accuracy
one would assume it should have. ill double check this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back