Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much shilohh for your effort and the genius built.

I'm so excited to build a very equal system for my photographic needs. But there is just one question left.

Am I able to put in a motherboard which supports TB or do you think I can use a TB-PCIe card? I know that you don't like the thunderbolt stuff at all but I'm using a Promise Pegasus R6 case Raid 5 with 24TB. I can iamge that I will sell the case as soon as it's depreciated completely but before that I would like to still use it with the new beast.

Thanks in advance.

Hey there,

does anyone of you have experience with PCI-e SATA-Raid cards?
I tried to install the Areca ARC-1200 (I'm planning to use a RAID1 for data files, not for the OS), but no success: switched CSM in the BIOS to "enabled" (as the card uses it's own BIOS), Boot device control to UEFI and Legacy; Network, Storage and PCIe boot to legacy. Before placing the card into the PCI slot I installed the latest drivers for OS and upgraded the firmware to the latest version.
Mac OS Mavericks loads, but suddenly the computer screen turns black and the monitor goes into standby.
What could cause that?

Another thing I'm struggled is that when using an LG 34UM95-P via DisplayPort at the computer the BIOS is not appearing; as the OS started, the screen works.
Seems like my GTX770 sends an unsupported signal to the screen. Unplugging und using DVI instead works as a workaround, but I'd prefer to use DP for a higher resolution.

Cheers and thank you all
Vulpini

@d3k1d,
I am not aware of any thunderbolt options for X79. I know that the new X99 asus boards will support a TB pci card but it's still unclear how long it will take to gets OS X working with it. I don't know if it will need kernel patches, kext patches, ACPI patches, BIOS patches or all of the above to boot.

@vulpini,
You may need to make a new dsdt with the pci raid card installed. Back up and delete your current one and try to boot with the card installed.

Wondering if anyone has tested multiple GPU's on this build. In particular the GTX 770, or 780 (TI) ? Is there a limit to the amount of GPU's you can have working with this system?

Multiple GPUs require acpi injection to work properly. Clovers graphics injector is buggy for multiple cards. I use 2 firmi cards (580 & 570) flawlessly with SSDTs to inject them. I've been trying to help a couple users inject their 770s with SSDTs but I can never seem to connect with them to work out the kinks.

Would I have better luck if I went with MacVidCards? So they are already flashed? Or is that irrelevant?

Would I have better luck if I went with MacVidCards? So they are already flashed? Or is that irrelevant?
Irrelevant for a PC hackintosh. The Apple EFI boot ROM mod for graphics cards just enables the Apple Boot Screen on Mac Pro's.

AFAIK Mac video cards don't help in a Hackintosh with a bootloader. I've actually heard they can cause problems but I haven't tested myself. I see no reason to pay the premium for a MacVidCards flash. The main property that needs to be injected is nvidia parent and nvidia child which a rom flash wouldn't help. It has more to do with telling the OS what both cards pci addresses are and which is the main boot display.

Sorry about the delay - I've been working out of the country for the last 10 days.

Back for a few days now though - and I have your last ZIP file of SSDTs to try. Will get to this tonight or tomorrow, and report back.

Sorry about the delay - I've been working out of the country for the last 10 days.

Back for a few days now though - and I have your last ZIP file of SSDTs to try. Will get to this tonight or tomorrow, and report back.

MisterAvid, with your BMD 4k extreme, are you able to get full 4k playback? Do you use resolve? If so, does this recoginze both of your 770 cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back