Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi shilohh !
It's me again, with a new working motherboard !
So, i follows all your installation steps, and all seems working well.
For the 1st install, I just plug one 770.
Now I want to put the 2nd 770 (and next the BM deckling 4K and a rocketRAID).
When i Plug the 2nd 770 the system reboot itself when the apple logo appears, what can i do ?
Other question :
When i just have 1x770 installed, i saw in system pref the CUDA panel, and i try to update CUDA driver but i doesn't work (error message, "can't update").
I want to work with FCP X too, souhuld i have to install an OpenCl driver from the web ?

Thx!

@Cloudconnected666,
I get USB 3 speeds with my R4E but I've seen other users report that some drive's firmware doesn't play as nice with the universal kext. I was using the CalDigit kexts before when the universal was going through growing pains but lately it's been working great. Some drives may function better with win drivers. Also, what apps are you using to bench cross platform? Also, check and make sure that the ports are set correctly in the bios.

I'll look into what can be added to the R4BE DSDT patches but I think it's pretty complete right now.

Thank you for your response. I use Blackmagic Design Disk Speed Test that comes with their drivers for video IO card. I believe there is version on App Store too - it's free.

The difference is so big... Windows is much faster. I tried just WD disks. Nevermind, it's not problem, it could be faster, but it isn't big issue for me right now. Thanks again for your tutorial. I wouldn't use Clover without it, and probably have much longer boot time.

Hi shilohh !
It's me again, with a new working motherboard !
So, i follows all your installation steps, and all seems working well.
For the 1st install, I just plug one 770.
Now I want to put the 2nd 770 (and next the BM deckling 4K and a rocketRAID).
When i Plug the 2nd 770 the system reboot itself when the apple logo appears, what can i do ?
Other question :
When i just have 1x770 installed, i saw in system pref the CUDA panel, and i try to update CUDA driver but i doesn't work (error message, "can't update").
I want to work with FCP X too, souhuld i have to install an OpenCl driver from the web ?

Thx!
We need to make SSDTs for your GPUs to function properly when you have more than 1. What slots are they in?

You can download cuda installer packages directly from nvidia to update. You don't need to install a driver for OpenCL. It's already in OS X. You can run Luxmark to test OpenCL performance.

@Cloudconnected666,
I get USB 3 speeds with my R4E but I've seen other users report that some drive's firmware doesn't play as nice with the universal kext. I was using the CalDigit kexts before when the universal was going through growing pains but lately it's been working great. Some drives may function better with win drivers. Also, what apps are you using to bench cross platform? Also, check and make sure that the ports are set correctly in the bios.

I'll look into what can be added to the R4BE DSDT patches but I think it's pretty complete right now.

Hi
Shilohh need your help I am running into a wall installed clover to my ssd drive from usb using [How to Install OS X Mavericks using Clover my ssd does not show up on reboot and i can not reinstall clover from the usb.

z97 deluxe wifi
i7 4790k
corsair 750cx
8gb ballistix ram

IMG_7525.jpgIMG_7526.jpgIMG_7527.jpg

We need to make SSDTs for your GPUs to function properly when you have more than 1. What slots are they in?

You can download cuda installer packages directly from nvidia to update. You don't need to install a driver for OpenCL. It's already in OS X. You can run Luxmark to test OpenCL performance.

The 1st 770 (already installed and working) is in MOBO's slot 1 (show Slot 0 in OS X) and I try to plug the 2nd one in Slot 3

Hi
Shilohh need your help I am running into a wall installed clover to my ssd drive from usb using How to Install OS X Mavericks using Clover my ssd does not show up on reboot and i can not reinstall clover from the usb.

z97 deluxe wifi
i7 4790k
corsair 750cx
8gb ballistix ram
I don't have any experience with Haswel. The trick is to get the config.plist right for your board. You should try the clover general discussion here or zetam's clover wiki. Also look for people who have your board and have already figured it out.

The 1st 770 (already installed and working) is in MOBO's slot 1 (show Slot 0 in OS X) and I try to plug the 2nd one in Slot 3
I'll try to post some SSDTs for you soon but please boot with the card in slot one switched off from the pci switches and the 2nd card switched on (you'll have a black screen until the desktop loads) and save an ioreg for me so I can make sure to get the address right.

Hi
Shilohh need your help I am running into a wall installed clover to my ssd drive from usb using [How to Install OS X Mavericks using Clover my ssd does not show up on reboot and i can not reinstall clover from the usb.

z97 deluxe wifi
i7 4790k
corsair 750cx
8gb ballistix ram

View attachment 103426View attachment 103427View attachment 103428

Hi, I got the same situation ... are you using OCZ ???
Frustrating, right? Basically my SSD were getting -somehow, burned out.
First one, exactly like you ... right after install Mavs, the SDD never appeared again.
Second one ... was good for three days.
Third one ... I tried with the Samsung one ... but I had to do some "tweaks"

If you allow me to share couple of ideas, here they are:
i. Flash the MoBo BIOS and check if the SSD is recognized by the MoBo.
ii. If so, continue with the installation guide if not ...

1. Install Maverick into a HDD ... this will let you see if your MoBo, CPU, RAMs are working properly.
2. Then, with the SSD connected ... check if OS picks it up, if so ... using Disk Utility ... erase and do all the partition / Clover installing again. ... if not, I'm afraid you might need to get another one.
3. Once it has de OS installed in it ... boot up, change your MoBo BOOT settings ... and start from your SSD - you might need to reflash the BIOS one more time.

It took me like 2 weeks to figure this out. Good luck.

Hi Guys,

I have a problem. Please help.

I need to send my SSD back to Samsung because it's damaged. I had a 2TB hard drive that I was using just for music, pictures, video, etc. I decided to use the 2TB as a substitute until I get the replacement SSD. I used SuperDuper to copy all the files from the SSD to the hard drive. I can boot from the 2TB from Clover and when the SSD is connected, but without I can not.

The problem is, when I try to boot from the hard disk while removing the SSD, the BOIS tells me it cannot find a bootable drive.

I want to use my computer while the SSD is being replaced. How do I fix this problem?

Clover is installed to the uefi partition of the SSD so when you unplug it, there is no bootloader. You need to install clover to the 2tb HDD's EFI partition and put all your config.plist and all your acpi files there too. Esentially the same as when you installed clover to the SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back