Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to shilohh for your great build! Just a question...why did you use a Noctua NH-D14 and not a water cooling system like Corsair or Cooler Master?

Because it performs the same or outperforms the cheap close loop water coolers and is quieter. The only water coolers I'd consider are the expensive complicated custom jobs.

I am trying to find a tutorial on how to inject the cards as parent and child but am coming up dry, maybe someone can point me in the right direction?
You might be able to find a guide on how to do it through EFI string but I use SSDTs (pretty much the same as doing it in the DSDT) to do it through ACPI. I haven't made a guide yet but I can make you the SSDTs and you can open them in MacIASL if you want to see the code. Save me an IOReg with your primary card switched on and your secondary card switched off. Then shut down and switch off your primary card and switch on your secondary and save me a second IOReg. I need those to properly inject your cards.

Because it performs the same or outperforms the cheap close loop water coolers and is quieter. The only water coolers I'd consider are the expensive complicated custom jobs.

Thanks for your answer :thumbup:

A last question, i want to make a "monster" like this but i don't need a graphic card so expansive..i want to use the system as audio workstation. Which graphics card you can suggest me?

Hi Shilohh!

I'm here again, i've changed my 3970x for a newer 4930k, i'm following step by step this guide to install Mav 10.9.4 but when come the "networksetup -listallhardwareports" the terminal doen't show nothing, if i go to system preference i have no network adapter, the ethernet interface isn't there... what can it be? I'm on a r4e bios 4802...i've followed all the steps...can't figure this out!

Thanks man!

Hi Shilohh!

I'm here again, i've changed my 3970x for a newer 4930k, i'm following step by step this guide to install Mav 10.9.4 but when come the "networksetup -listallhardwareports" the terminal doen't show nothing, if i go to system preference i have no network adapter, the ethernet interface isn't there... what can it be? I'm on a r4e bios 4802...i've followed all the steps...can't figure this out!

Thanks man!

I had this same problem. Luckily, the wifi card that I had installed was working, so I was able to get online and continue with the guide. Once I had installed the kernels and rebooted, my Ethernet port worked fine. Assuming that you don't have a wifi card, you'll have to download the kernels and kextbeast from another comp with internet access and transfer them to your Hackintosh. After that it should work fine.

I hope this helps you!

I had this same problem. Luckily, the wifi card that I had installed was working, so I was able to get online and continue with the guide. Once I had installed the kernels and rebooted, my Ethernet port worked fine. Assuming that you don't have a wifi card, you'll have to download the kernels and kextbeast from another comp with internet access and transfer them to your Hackintosh. After that it should work fine.

I hope this helps you!

Thanks! i've followed your advise and everything went ok! Once rebooted i've placed the mac addres in the uuid ;-)

A last question, i want to make a "monster" like this but i don't need a graphic card so expansive..i want to use the system as audio workstation. Which graphics card you can suggest me?

I used a fanless Asus GT610 in mine. Audio software doesn't need a powerful graphics card and this card is completely silent. It was also cheap and is natively supported in OSX Mavericks. :thumbup:

I used a fanless Asus GT610 in mine. Audio software doesn't need a powerful graphics card and this card is completely silent. It was also cheap and is natively supported in OSX Mavericks. :thumbup:

Do you use that card in this configuration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back