Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a RE4B yesterday and just went for it. My systems up and running, but having issues getting the proper config for Clover. Only about an hour into it though. I get to the Apple logo and spinning wheel underneath, but as soon as it moves past that the screen goes dark.

Any tips you have would be appreciated.

My build is dead on yours save the Black Edition, a slightly different power supply, and 250GB EVO instead of the 128 PRO.

My guess is something wrong with injection for the video, etc... Going to go hunt down the thread you mentioned, but I am happy to pull data for you; what exactly were you looking for?

Also, with the Noctua, the sinks are so big that PCI 1 is very, very tight, so I'm running the 770 in PCI 4 for now and will figure that problem out down the line. Apparently the Black Edition is more designed for water cooling.

This is a repost from the RIVBE thread but maybe one of you can help.

Tried to do as you asked, but my EFI partition now no longer shows up.... weird....

Any thoughts?

Also, I'm now stuck at various points based on bootflags.

Sometimes its on PCI compatibility, sometimes its on ram.... have you heard of any successful bootflags which work for this board?

Edit:

Am now stuck at: efiNVRAMPublished();

with flags cpus=1 npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 ignorecaches and GraphicsEnabler=no but that doesn't seem to change anything

Trying your boot flags from your config; I get to addingAppleEFINVRAM notification.

Occasionally the machine just breaks and goes to sleep.

Still working.... but taking a break for the 4th.

If you booted from clover on the USB installer then hit F4, you need to plug the USB stick into the computer you used to create it and use the EFI mount app from my OP to mount the EFI partition. Then you can get to the orig folder that contains the extracted ACPI files. Please zip and send those to me. Next replace the config.plist in the USB's EFI/clover folder with the one attached. Then plug it back into your hack and try to install. Boot args should be the same for the RIVBE as the RIVE. Don't create a DSDT until I provide a correct patch list.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.2 KB · Views: 246
Will do this later this evening. Just checking in on the forum from mobile.

Did not see the original post, so I didn't see the EFI Mount App. Thanks, that clarifies, and will also help me with some of the things I've been trying.

The link for the download is in the original post (guide).

Shilohh,

This is making me feel terrible, but I have to thank you.

I can't find any extracted ACPI files to send to you. I followed your instructions when I got in. But it didn't generate anything new....

I'm going to take another look, but once I loaded your Config file it solved my problems.

I'm absolutely willing to do whatever since you got my build working, just let me know. I'm just a bit confused as to what I'm looking for now.

At this point my EFI mount only has: Apple and Firmware and Extensions folders.

Is there a file name I should be looking for after hitting F4 and going to my USB key?

Don't ever feel terrible. You're learning. You must have mounted the wrong efi partition. Every Mac formatted (HFS+) drive has a hidden EFI partition. Now that you have OS X installed to your boot drive, boot holding down the space bar till you reach the clover GUI. Then hit F4 and wait 30 sec. Then boot and mount the boot drives efi partition. Send me the EFI/clover/acpi/orig folder. It should have DSDT.aml and a bunch of others in it. Also use ioregistry explorer or iojones to save me a ioreg file. If you have a pci card (DeckLink or FireWire or anything easy to move) move it to the next slot boot and save a new ioreg named by the slot that the card is in. Repeat until you have done this for each slot. This is so I can identify the slots in the acpi (dsdt) files. If you don't have a small pci card to do this with, skip this part. Maybe someone else can do that part. It would be best to use a 1x card so I can identify the 1x slots too.

here you go shiloh, I will no try the install with the new list you gave me

Attachments

• origin.zip
    29.9 KB · Views: 68
Hi Shilohh , I built my hackintosh exactly the same configuration as yours except I used Asus Rampage Extreme 4 Black addition. I followed your wonderful guide but I can't pass the white apple logo screen.

P.S I'm a noob

Thanks

So I am currently at the be patient part of the install, but I have been on the logo screen for quite some time. how long is normal?

UPDATE: Thus far I have been unable to get Mac OSX running on this board, I look forward to any advice you can give me based off of the requested file :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back