Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI: I've just updated to 10.9.4 for this build and all is well, trim still enabled. The one thing I can't comment on is audio though as I have my onboard audio disabled and go through a USB DAC. Some people report having to re-install audio support for onboard audio on other boards and builds though, along with trim enabling again. I think the trim patch is installed via clover though for this build, so it's stayed enabled?

Yes. Trim is patched through clover. You can see the patch in the config.plist. You could also remove it if you prefer not to use trim or prefer different method. It's also possible that a different patch may be needed in the future and that is where you'd change it. See zetam's clover wiki for more info.

Hey,

To the guys using the 780 Ti, I got some performance increase when I updated to 10.9.4 and the new nvidia drivers.

From 64 FPS to 71,5 FPS in Cinebench. Just to let you know. :)

For anyone interested there are still a few online sites that have the RIVE New, not used or refurb, in stock in the USA.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=28792456

http://www.pcrush.com/product/Deskt...xtreme-Intel-X79-8-x-DIMM-4-x-PCI-Motherboard

Price is right around $440. Not sure if Newegg or Amazon will restock with new boards but keep
checking there as well. May also be a few new RIVE's on Ebay.com that sell for slightly less. The
returns there may not be as easy though if you get a defective board. Read the fine print.

FWIW,

PC Rush just cancelled my order and is now out of stock. They said in stock, even called to verify the purchase, told me it would ship yesterday, and then cancelled today. Needless to say won't be ordering from them again. They apparently don't keep stock, they drop ship from the manufacturer. Strikes me as deceptive and fraudulent, particularly since they told me it would ship.

Will try RadioShack but not holding my breath.

@Southworth,
newegg has had spotty stock of the R4 Black Edition. If I had to build today, I'd go for the R4BE. It will take a little more work for the wifi/Bluetooth but I think I have most of it figured out. You'll also need a different AppleHDA kext for audio but I've seen a build thread here where the have it going. If you're willing to swap some pci cards around and save me ioregs, I make a custom dsdt patch list.

Hey Shiloh, thanks for the thorough build guide!
It has inspired me to give it a go and see if I can build my first Hackintosh with the R4BE, 4930K and a couple of EVGA 6Gb 780's.
(with an experienced builder buddy as a backup ;-)

I'll certainly holler here if I run into any snags, wish me luck!
Cheers, -Chad

Chad,
I am doing an almost identical build this weekend, what CPU are you using?

NVM just reread your post.

I am using MSI 780s and Xeon 10 Core 2.8

This is a repost from the RIVBE thread but maybe one of you can help.

Hello black edition users. I want to create a MacIASL patch list for users trying to follow my build who can no longer find the RIVE. Would one of you guys that are using clover be so kind as to hit the F4 key from the clover GUI, wait 30 seconds, then boot and mount your clover drives efi partition. Zip and post the EFI/clover/acpi/orig folder and an ioreg for me. Also please let me know if any of you are willing to do some follow up testing so I can verify what works and what doesn't.

Thanks

I'd be happy to help once I can figure out what I'm doing... ;-)

The R4EB arrives in a couple of days, and I'll let you know once I have the pieces together for you.

Actually, is there anything different I should preliminarily do that varies from your guide here?

Cheers, -C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back