Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Salderos,
The DeckLink should just work once the drivers are installed. I have a set of SSDTs that will make all your pci cards show in system profiler but it's really just cosmetic.

Hi Shiloh,

Thanks for the great guide. I've used it to setup my Rampage IV Gene with Gt610 graphics. Got almost everything working.

The only problem right now is that the system will go to sleep OK but will only wake up to a black screen. It looks like it is not just a graphics problem because I can't use it with screen sharing from my Macbook either. Also, I can only wake it with the power button.

I have tried different darkwake values, made sure vt-d is disabled, removed usb devices etc.

Any other suggestions?

@Shilohh
I received the replacement 770, booted her up and works! So happy!

BUT! I get to the apple logo screen, the loading wheel spins, then disappears for a second. Then I get this screen? Just freaks out at me. Any ideas?

Screen.jpg

Hey Shilohh,

Thanks for the build and the amazingly detailed guide on installing it. I'm considering building it for editing as well. Have you by any chance checked how Avid Media Composer 8 runs on it? I'd like to use this machine for everyday editing, using fullscreen playback instead of a blackmagic card, replacing my old sturdy 2006 Mac Pro. And using Davinci Resolve for dailies handling.

Thanks!

@Shilohh
I received the replacement 770, booted her up and works! So happy!

BUT! I get to the apple logo screen, the loading wheel spins, then disappears for a second. Then I get this screen? Just freaks out at me. Any ideas?
First go to the "options/DSDT fix mask" page of the clover GUI and change "DSDT name:" from "DSDT.aml" to "none.aml" and boot. If that helped, delete your DSDT and create a new one.

Next, download the updated config.plist file from the OP. Replace the config.plist file in your boot drive's EFI/clover with it. Reboot. See if that helps.

Then add these SSDTs to your boot drive's EFI/clover/acpi/patched folder and reboot.

Please report back.

NOTE: You may need to boot nv_disable=1 to get in to do any of the above.

Attachments

• Salderos PCI Slot SSDTs.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 85
First go to the "options/DSDT fix mask" page of the clover GUI and change "DSDT name:" from "DSDT.aml" to "none.aml" and boot. If that helped, delete your DSDT and create a new one.

Next, download the updated config.plist file from the OP. Replace the config.plist file in your boot drive's EFI/clover with it. Reboot. See if that helps.

Then add these SSDTs to your boot drive's EFI/clover/acpi/patched folder and reboot.

Please report back.

NOTE: You may need to boot nv_disable=1 to get in to do any of the above.

So, I plugged my monitor into the other input on the 770 and it worked great. I created a new SSDT and DSDT from the guide in the OP and all seems well. It stil doesn't seem to like that other input though. Knowing this, shall I continue with the above suggestion?

UPDATE: Changing the DSDT name didn't work. Updating the config.plist did! Which SSDTs shall I add to my boot drive? Do I need to remake a DSDT?

Thank you so much!!

So, I plugged my monitor into the other input on the 770 and it worked great. I created a new SSDT and DSDT from the guide in the OP and all seems well. It stil doesn't seem to like that other input though. Knowing this, shall I continue with the above suggestion?
I assume you mean output from the 770 to the monitor. Some people are having trouble with the 2nd DVI and the display port. I'm trying to solve it with ACPI injection through SSDT. Please put the 770 in slot 1 and try the ssdts I attached in my last post. The SSDT.aml that you created is for CPUPM. The SSDT-1 through SSDT-5 are for PCIe slot auto detection/card injection. 1 is for the gpu in slot 1. 2 is for slot 2/3 (they have the same address and you can only use 1 at a time). 3 is for slot 4. 4 is for slot 5 and 5 is for slot 6. I could have put all pci slots on 1 ssdt or in the dsdt but I wanted to make it modular in case people wanted to add extra code for a given card in a given slot like I did for the gpu in slot 1.

Please test all the 770's outputs after you reboot and report any problems here.

Oh yeah, and please turn inject nvidia to false in your config.plist or use the updated one from the OP.

Amazing build. Mind if a rush you on getting those BIOS settings public?

Amazing build. Mind if a rush you on getting those BIOS settings public?
See my albums in my profile for Erik's bios pics. Beware that the OC voltages are for Eric's CPU only. Every single CPU should be stress tested and fine tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back