Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then add these SSDTs to your boot drive's EFI/clover/acpi/patched folder and reboot.

Please report back.

I'm not seeing any attached SSDTs to your post?

UPDATE: Changing the DSDT name didn't work. Updating the config.plist did! Which SSDTs shall I add to my boot drive? Do I need to remake a DSDT?
Sorry I was just trying to help troubleshoot. Switching nvidia cards doesn't usually require a new DSDT but switching from a nvidia to an AMD GPU sometimes will. Changing the DSDT name in the GUI causes your patched DSDT not to load so you can see if that is what was causing the problem. I wanted to eliminate the DSDT as you created it using a different GPU but it sounds like the DSDT is fine.

I have a question for anyone that has Windows 8 installed on their system.
My computer can boot just fine into Mavericks or Windows 8 but when i first installed Windows, it automatically created smaller partitions for system recovery, disk caches, etc. That's all well and good, but when I boot up into Clover it sees them as selectable boots, so my clover is populated with windows 8 partitions. My question is, can I get rid of them in Clover without wiping the partitions? If I can't, it's no big deal, it's just kind of annoying.
I'm also having trouble increasing my RAM speed for some reason. My RAM is capable of speeds up to 2400mhz but if I increase it any higher than 1333 mhz, my comp wont start. It just starts up, shuts off, and then restarts saying something along the lines of "Failed to increase RAM speed, return to Bios and set it at it's default.
Let me know if there is anything different I should try.
Thank you!

There is a section of the clover config.plist for hiding partitions. See zetams clover wiki.

Ram overclocking is similar to CPU overclocking. You must increase voltages and adjust timings to match. Xmp profiles are preset ram overclocks. I've noticed with my ram and the latest bios, that the xmp profile's timings were way off so I set my timings manually.

There is a section of the clover config.plist for hiding partitions. See zetams clover wiki.

Ram overclocking is similar to CPU overclocking. You must increase voltages and adjust timings to match. Xmp profiles are preset ram overclocks. I've noticed with my ram and the latest bios, that the xmp profile's timings were way off so I set my timings manually.

Interesting...
I guess I just assumed that the the mobo would adjust the voltages automatically depending on how fast you want your RAM to go.

I'll play around with them some more. Thanks Shilohh!

NICE!

thank you for posting all of this, very cool, inspiring, and generous. much appreciated

thank you!

My parts for this build will be delivered today and I can't wait until I get home from work to put it together. I have built a number of different hacks over the past few years anyway but I used this guide to help me decide which board to go for as it truly is incredibly well written and detailed so well done sir! I have no doubt at all that the build will be a success!

Do you have any recommended voltage settings for running RAM at 2133MHz?
I still can't get my RAM to run faster than 1333MHz.

Thanks

@ATB & DefJam,
Thanks for the kind words. This has become a fun hobby and it's fun to share my findings.

@SandyBeaches,
The only quick easy solution I'd recommend is setting an xmp profile but you should verify that the timings are correct in the spd info page of the bios against the manufacturers spd info for that xmp profile. If not, use the spd info from the manufacturer of your ram and set those voltages and timings manually. If you actually want to understand what you're doing, you should read the guides at the Asus rog forums. I will say that you'll probably only gain about 500-700 points in 64bit geekbench and you probably won't notice any difference in everyday use by setting your ram's frequency that high. That said, I do run my ram at 2133mhz by manually setting my timings and voltages to match g.skill's xmp profile 1 for my ram. I also found that I can use a lower vccsa than their profile sets which is safer for the CPU's life span.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back