Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im still stuck, can anyone help me please. I don't know how to add that patched kernel.

Sorry I think I replied to the wrong thread :crazy: woops. I have no idea how to implement patched kernels, could you help me with this please? Does it mean typing in arguments at the Chimera screen (pre - installer page/phase)?

Sounds like your 770 might be a dud. You may want to see if it works in windows before RMAing it just to be sure. Also double check you PCI settings in the BIOS.

What exactly should I be checking for the PCI settings within the BIOS? Is there a way to read if it's being recognized from the mobo?

What exactly should I be checking for the PCI settings within the BIOS? Is there a way to read if it's being recognized from the mobo?
Well if you can't even see the bios from the the 770 I'd say it's dead. But I suppose you could put the 7300 in slot 1 and the 770 in one of the others so you can see the bios and look at the gpu post page.

Well if you can't even see the bios from the the 770 I'd say it's dead. But I suppose you could put the 7300 in slot 1 and the 770 in one of the others so you can see the bios and look at the gpu post page.

Yes, thats the thing. In the GPU Post page, the 770 doesn't even register. only the 7700 shows up as occupied in one of the PCIe lanes. Think you may be right about the 770 being dead. What a bummer. Have you ever experience that before? a dead card?

Yes, thats the thing. In the GPU Post page, the 770 doesn't even register. only the 7700 shows up as occupied in one of the PCIe lanes. Think you may be right about the 770 being dead. What a bummer. Have you ever experience that before? a dead card?
Not personally but it does happen and better sooner than later. Just send it back for a new one :thumbup:

Not personally but it does happen and better sooner than later. Just send it back for a new one :thumbup:

Great! RMA'd it. Coming next week. Unfortunate hiccup, but you're right, better now than in the middle of a project.

I'll proceed with everything once I get that lil guy back.
Real quick, any special steps in setting up a blackmagic decklink SDI card? I downloaded the drivers and got 2 .kext errors. Haven't had a chance to test it out to see if it works, but curious why I'd get an error like that and why it's not showing up as a PCIe card in apple's system report?

thanks for everything so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back