Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
shilohh: thanks. i'll try that even though i'm not sure how (i'll look it up).
i can only invoke sleep from the finder menu and it won't wake up if i do. there are no sleep options of any kind in my control panels, which kind of surprised me because i think they were there before i did the DSDT step (on my initial install). my SSD seems a little slow too. boot up and desktop loading take longer than i expect, and it does that 'you can't use the mouse or keyboard for 20 seconds' thing when it boots up, but otherwise it seems to be great. certainly a lot easier and more useful than any other hackintosh i've built.

for the rest of you: my fans all run a little faster and louder than i'd like. BIOS shows no details of them, so i think it's something with the fan connectors not being real 4 pin connectors. buy cheap fans and you get cheap fans. since other people are saying theirs work fine, it's probably my hardware.
i can also say that multiple graphics cards are no problem, and you can mix AMD and nvidia. ethernet speeds are remarkable, and i thought my last machine was fast. this is one of the best--and easiest--hacks i've ever built. shilohh deserves an award. a major award.
The reason your system is booting slow may be because you have some sort of conflict going on with your PCI hardware. Try switching off all graphics cards but the one in slot 1 using the pci switches on the motherboard. If it's an AMD card in slot 1, try with and without inject ati.

Hi shilohh;

your build seems to be very solid and well explained, plus is:( the closest to what i will like to make for my self; I'm wondering about this:

since I will mainly use my future hackintosh for an heavy Davinci Resolve use ( 2,5k raw & 4k Raw but since i work really deep with color i always and up with several nodes) do you think this build will work with double GPU? 2x GTX 770 4GB is what i'm planning.

Also what will you suggest as motherboard if i will need thunderbolt 2.0?there is anything that you think it will be supported in your built? and what about the GeForce GTX 780 Ti ? will it work a single GPU? and 2x as double GPU?

I was also wondering in 64gb od Ram and using the i7-4960X, do you think it will be ok?

thank you so much and sorry for the multiple questions, I'm really trying hard to understand how everything work to make a good choice!

best
:)

shilohh help me please ............

i have 2 graphics cards gtx680 , injected in bios gfx1 and gfx2 , work power management with nvidia drivers 10.9.3 and work ok , but .....

when the screen goes to sleep, all work less the displayport output, that output is black screen when waking up but you can see the mouse cursor

only happens on this screen, because it can be, any ideas? (use chimera 3.0.1)

thanks in advanced

I discovered that if I remove the power to the monitor and then I turn it on, the screen goes well

before me did not happen? because it will be?

@NouRec,
Extra device property injection via dsdt, ssdt or efi string is needed for multiple GPUs to work reliably (Clover's auto injection is buggy with multiple cards). GK110b (780ti) cards only work with the web driver. If your primary use is resolve, I'd go with a 4GB 770 for your primary and maybe 780ti for render cards.
AFAIK there are no thunderbolt cards for X79. I don't know why anyone would want to use thunderbolt when you have pci slots for raid cards. Thunderbolt is just a crippled pci interface with expensive cables.

@Xerox,
Not sure I understand what you're saying. What method of injection are you using? Please post the associated files and I'll take a look.

@NouRec,
Extra device property injection via dsdt, ssdt or efi string is needed for multiple GPUs to work reliably (Clover's auto injection is buggy with multiple cards). GK110b (780ti) cards only work with the web driver. If your primary use is resolve, I'd go with a 4GB 770 for your primary and maybe 780ti for render cards.
AFAIK there are no thunderbolt cards for X79. I don't know why anyone would want to use thunderbolt when you have pci slots for raid cards. Thunderbolt is just a crippled pci interface with expensive cables.

@Xerox,
Not sure I understand what you're saying. What method of injection are you using? Please post the associated files and I'll take a look.

tomorrow I'll do a video on youtube and I'll show you, thank you.

shilooh

Monitors enter in energy saving to 10 minutes, returning the monitor with displayport monitor only see the mouse cursor, disconnect the power to the monitor and connect again and the monitor works perfectly. with 10.9.2 perfect all .....

see the video .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPKNpgY0uoE&feature=youtu.be

any idea ?

thanks in advanced

Thank you!! I Just saw that you wrote an exhaustive dsdt guide, do you think I can find everything I need to install dual Gpu in a system configuration similar to yours by following your dsdt topic??

@NoughRec,
You won't find all the info in my guide but it's out there. I'm curently using DSDT for all onboard hardware and SSDT for GPUs. That way you can just swap ssdts if you swap cards. I'm thinking about doing a post and starting a SSDT repository for different cards. This will require users to send me ioregs with their cards installed one at a time.

@xerox,
We can try SSDT injection for your cards but it might be a 10.9.3 bug that affects your cards display port. Do you already use a patched DSDT? If you would like to try injecting your GPUs, boot with only 1 GPU installed in slot 1 (with R4E you can just use the PCI switches to switch off secondary card's slots) ang GraphicsEnabler=Yes (chameleon/chimera) or InjectNvida true (Clover) and save me a ioreg from IORegistry explorer or iojones. If you can't boot GE=Yes/GI=true, just boot No/false. Repeat the proces with only the secondary card installed/switched on. Also list your exact make and model of GPU/s.

Hi, Shilohh thank you for your great work and detailed instruction. This is truly a treasure map for a newbie like me who likes to give my first try on hackintosh build. So my hardware is about the same like you
i7 4930k R4E 32gb G-skill Sandisk extreme 240gb x2 for windows and OS X. The GPU is also the same, 04G-P4-3774-KR. Bios updated to 4804.
I did install windows 7 ultimate x64 first on one SSD and currently that drive is disconnected. I successfully make the USB installer. Boot from it ,"install OS X from USB installer", grey screen with apple logo, processing a bit then the screen went to black.... seems lost all the video input completely to the monitor. tried remaking the USB installer, same results. Would you kindly help me out on this issue?

TIA

Hi, Shilohh thank you for your great work and detailed instruction. This is truly a treasure map for a newbie like me who likes to give my first try on hackintosh build. So my hardware is about the same like you
i7 4930k R4E 32gb G-skill Sandisk extreme 240gb x2 for windows and OS X. The GPU is also the same, 04G-P4-3774-KR. Bios updated to 4804.
I did install windows 7 ultimate x64 first on one SSD and currently that drive is disconnected. I successfully make the USB installer. Boot from it ,"install OS X from USB installer", grey screen with apple logo, processing a bit then the screen went to black.... seems lost all the video input completely to the monitor. tried remaking the USB installer, same results. Would you kindly help me out on this issue?

TIA
In the clover GUI there is a options section. Go to options/graphics injector/inject nvidia and check or uncheck that option. If that doesn't work, from the main screen hit the space bar and choose boot without caches. Take a picture of your screen where the verbose freezes and post it. Please report back with your findings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back