Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the help (i did have that set). turns out it was my firewire card. removed it and all works.
however, sleep does not work (or waking from sleep does not work). and i have that lagging keyboard and mouse during initial system boot up that i read about in the 3930 build. when i moved my graphics card to a different slot, leaving #1 open, i got no video at all. do i need to recompile a DSDT, or is there something else i'm doing wrong?
thanks for your continued support not just for me, but for everyone else on this thread.

@spaceman sspiff
Yes you need to extract and patch a new dsdt every time you change pci devices. The issue you read about on the other thread was caused by the dsdt that had AMD gpu edits in it. You should deffinetly keep your primary gpu in slot 1

A patched kernel is not necessary for IvyBE after 10.9.2.

Shilohh,

I am wanting to install 10.9.3 on a SSD. Would you use the latest Clover or stick to the one in your instructions?
Also which kernel is not needed?

Thanks for your continued help. You are truly a blessing to those of us who are not as savvy with OSX. Thanks to you I am beginning to learn.

so, am i the only one who can't get sleep to work? is there a setting in the BIOS i need to change? i didn't see one for wake from USB, only bluetooth and PS/2. a new DSDT didn't seem to fix it either?
if anyone else has had this issue, it seems to be the last bug i need to work out. thanks!

@bluewater,
the link in the OP downloads the latest build.

@spaceman,
try darkwake=10 or 0 in the config.plist or boot rags section of the GUI. Are you saying you can't manual sleep, auto sleep or wake?

@shilohh:
Thank you very much for the extensive report.

Did you notice and Freezes or other Crashes with your Hardware combination?
Is anything 100% stable ?

How silent is that Fan on the Board , please ?

Do you get all 6 Cores running without patching the Kernel ?

Wooo Thank you so much for these instructions !
Hope this builds works like a charm.

I was exactly searching a new builds for my next professional hackintosh and all is the same as yours except gpu, I need a GTX Titan Black (By the way do you think it'll work as far as your build ?).
I'm a motion graphics designer using Cinema 4d and After Effects all the day and your configuration looks like perfect for me.

Can you bring us some feedback about fans ? Are they running normally ? Is the power management working well on it ?

Thanks again for your time and your report !!

Wooo Thank you so much for these instructions !
Hope this builds works like a charm.

I was exactly searching a new builds for my next professional hackintosh and all is the same as yours except gpu, I need a GTX Titan Black (By the way do you think it'll work as far as your build ?).
I'm a motion graphics designer using Cinema 4d and After Effects all the day and your configuration looks like perfect for me.

Can you bring us some feedback about fans ? Are they running normally ? Is the power management working well on it ?

Thanks again for your time and your report !!

Everything is working except bluetooth and WLAN for me (which I don't care about). Power management, speedstep, ect. Fans running normally (I'm using Noctua NH-D15).

For graphics card I myself are running the 780 Ti which don't perform as good as the 770 in this build when it comes to OpenGL. If you've read the previous posts we've been discussing it. I'm not sure a Titan Black would perform any better either, as of now. It will probably get better support soon though. CUDA seems to run as it should.

shilohh: thanks. i'll try that even though i'm not sure how (i'll look it up).
i can only invoke sleep from the finder menu and it won't wake up if i do. there are no sleep options of any kind in my control panels, which kind of surprised me because i think they were there before i did the DSDT step (on my initial install). my SSD seems a little slow too. boot up and desktop loading take longer than i expect, and it does that 'you can't use the mouse or keyboard for 20 seconds' thing when it boots up, but otherwise it seems to be great. certainly a lot easier and more useful than any other hackintosh i've built.

for the rest of you: my fans all run a little faster and louder than i'd like. BIOS shows no details of them, so i think it's something with the fan connectors not being real 4 pin connectors. buy cheap fans and you get cheap fans. since other people are saying theirs work fine, it's probably my hardware.
i can also say that multiple graphics cards are no problem, and you can mix AMD and nvidia. ethernet speeds are remarkable, and i thought my last machine was fast. this is one of the best--and easiest--hacks i've ever built. shilohh deserves an award. a major award.

EDIT: maybe you can't mix AMD and Nvidia cards. it might be the source of my problems. they work, but not well; like estranged siblings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back