Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well. Using the nvidia false got me past the stuck point of before, however then it just shut off video after going through the boot.

Tried unplug/re plug....computer on still. I have a feeling the mavericks install screen is waiting there but I can't see anything. :(
Strange. Are you using the same gpu? What pci slot is the gpu in? Which port is your monitor connected to?

No I'm on 780ti.
Top PCI slot.

Tried both HDMI and DVI now.
The no Nvidia is "solving the boot issue", but then making it so I can't see anything to do the install.

Any other hail mary ideas?

:(

Exactly what GPU are you using?
Are you still booting without caches and is the display losing signal during the verbose boot?

In the config.plist, boot flags are located at the "arguments" section. You can also enter temporary flags by using the right arrow to select options but the clover GUI is wonky compared to chameleon. I need to do a video on how to enter flags for the guide.

Try adding PCIRootUID=1 to the list and experiment with inject nvidia true/ false.

sorry I just saw you're using the 780ti which requires the new nvidia web driver. We're going to have to roll it into the installer or if you have another gpu you can use to install with we can install them later.

Actually the 780ti may be a little more complicated than just the driver. I have to work tonight so I'll try to help you figure it out tomorrow. For now, if you have a gpu from another build, you should be able to use that to install.

Ok. The update from last night.

First a clarification. Sorry as this got lost in the own shuffle of my mind.

MoBo: I'm actually on the Micro ATX Rampage Gene IV
GPU: evga gtx 780ti 3gb super clocked

Ok. As of this morning I have Mavericks up and running very well with my 780ti.

To get the install to finally work did require me using a different gpu (gtx 650 was cheapest I could find locally). This still ended up being touchy and required me to turn off NVIDIA injection in the Clover boot options.

Once Mavericks and Clover were installed to my SSD and we were off "USB life support"' for booting I installed the latest nvidia web drivers, used nvda_drv=1 kernel flag (in Clover config on EFI partition), swapped cards and rebooted right into 10.9 with fully recognized 780ti.

So. Now. Anyone have any idea where to find or how to create patch for my DSDT?
I poked around online and can't seem to find one.

Using Maciasl (per instructions) I did toy with using the patch used in this thread by Shilohh for his full size Rampage but it threw 5-6 errors on compile, no doubt due to some small hardware differences.

That's where I'm stuck. Getting close but not quite there yet.

Should also mention that I had mentioned "bad Bluetooth experiences" with previous Hacks. Somewhere on the forums (I'll find it later and link) a person mentioned a bt 4.0 usb dongle that had the exact same hardware as a recent iMac (I think) so I bought it.

Wow we're they right. My Magic Trackpad is ultra perfect. JUST like the "real"' Mac Mini I have laying around here also.

Thank you so much shilohh for your excellent and very specific guide.
I got the task from my father to build him a machine that kicks ass.
He works with Final Cut X and Logic Pro.
I'm about to follow excactly your description, because that's excatly what he needs in his build. :)
Will this thread still be online in like 2 weeks or so? Because if i got stuck or something while building the rig, i would like to text it here...

Thank's again a a lot! Tried it several times to find maching parts, but with a guide like this, i can't do anything wrong... ;-)

To get the install to finally work did require me using a different gpu (gtx 650 was cheapest I could find locally). This still ended up being touchy and required me to turn off NVIDIA injection in the Clover boot options.

Once Mavericks and Clover were installed to my SSD and we were off "USB life support"' for booting I installed the latest nvidia web drivers, used nvda_drv=1 kernel flag (in Clover config on EFI partition), swapped cards and rebooted right into 10.9 with fully recognized 780ti.

So. Now. Anyone have any idea where to find or how to create patch for my DSDT?
I poked around online and can't seem to

Should also mention that I had mentioned "bad Bluetooth experiences" with previous Hacks. Somewhere on the forums (I'll find it later and link) a person mentioned a bt 4.0 usb dongle that had the exact same hardware as a recent iMac (I think) so I bought it.

Wow we're they right. My Magic Trackpad is ultra perfect. JUST like the "real"' Mac Mini I have laying around here also.
Thanks for the report. Glad to hear the 780ti (gk110b) works right with just the web driver. I'd bet that the 10.9.3 update will have new drivers for it too when it's released.

Please post or send me your unmodified DSDT.dsl and I'll take a look. Also please use ioregistry explorer or iojones to save me an ioreg.

Whats the make and model of the BT dongle?

So i talked with my father about the bugs.
The usb bug can be fixed with your app, is this true?
But my father works with the magic trackpad and this uses bluetooth.
Is there a solution, how you can use the trackpad, or even the bluetooth keyboard?

Hi all.

The bluetooth module to get is here at Amazon:

http://amzn.com/B007MKMJGO

It's the GMYLE(R) Ultra-Mini USB Micro Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy Wireless Dongle Adapter

NOTE: Make sure to get the "Enhanced Range" and NOT the "Long Range" model.

Using this BT Module, my Magic Trackpad is working absolutely butter smooth wonderful in both OS X 10.9.2 as well as Windows 8.1 (for Windows I'm using some 3rd party Magic Trackpad prefs/drivers from AnimGraph)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back