Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then you just plug it into one usb slot and that's it?
No need of special driver installation or so?

Re: USB BT 4.0 module from Amazon?

Yes. Works right out of the box and is natively recognized as bluetooth.

Jettison is the most vanilla solution for the USB drive force eject on sleep bug. It costs $2-5 depending on whether you get it from the App Store or the developer. SafeSleeper is more of a workaround than a solution because you should only sleep the computer by double clicking the app. I don't use BlueToothe for anything so I can't comment on that but it sounds like it works good with the right USB Bluetooth dongle.

Hey TurbineSeaplane,
Does your trackpad wake the computer from sleep with that module?

First of all, thank you so much for this post shilohh. I followed your build closely and had almost zero problems getting my hack up and running.

I want to point out that there was an issue creating the ssdt.aml file. The script would attempt to download iasl from github, but would not be able to. I went through the code and found a link to where the file should be. I had to download the RevBoot zip and then pull the iasl file out. Then, I used the terminal to copy it to /usr/local/bin/ Once that was accomplished, the ssdt.aml file compiled without issue. How can I get word to Piker-Alpha to let him or her know that the script needs an update?

This machine is a screamer. Thanks again for posting.

First of all, thank you so much for this post shilohh. I followed your build closely and had almost zero problems getting my hack up and running.

I want to point out that there was an issue creating the ssdt.aml file. The script would attempt to download iasl from github, but would not be able to. I went through the code and found a link to where the file should be. I had to download the RevBoot zip and then pull the iasl file out. Then, I used the terminal to copy it to /usr/local/bin/ Once that was accomplished, the ssdt.aml file compiled without issue. How can I get word to Piker-Alpha to let him or her know that the script needs an update?

This machine is a screamer. Thanks again for posting.
You can find the URL to report bugs in the top of the scrip. You can also reach him at his blog if you dont have a git account but he prefers his GitHub for error reporting.

Hi shiloh, i love your build.

i have asus rampage iv formula 4930k 32gb ram 780ti but i cannot get osx installer to boot up (i have never done this before so maybe i am doing something wrong, or i read somewhere that my gpu might be what's causing the trouble)
I have tried all bootflags i could find on this forum
maybe you have any ideas?

Does your trackpad wake the computer from sleep with that module?

Yes sir! Just tested it.
Important to have the module in one of the standard USB2 ports on the back though. (Shilohh knows this...more for others to read)

Hi shiloh, i love your build.

i have asus rampage iv formula 4930k 32gb ram 780ti but i cannot get osx installer to boot up (i have never done this before so maybe i am doing something wrong, or i read somewhere that my gpu might be what's causing the trouble)
I have tried all bootflags i could find on this forum
maybe you have any ideas?
Yes. The current 10.9.2 drivers are incompatible with that card. Might be fixed when 10.9.3 is released. For now you'll need to use the nvidia web driver for the card to work. This means you'll need to use a supported GPU just to do your install and install the web driver (see TubineSeaplanes post) or we'll have to hack the installer with the driver.

Please post or send me your unmodified DSDT.dsl and I'll take a look. Also please use ioregistry explorer or iojones to save me an ioreg.

Attached.

Thank you for any thoughts you might have! (also please let me know if I sent the wrong things)

Attachments

• TurbineSeaplane-iOandDSDT.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 88
Yes. The current 10.9.2 drivers are incompatible with that card. Might be fixed when 10.9.2 is released. For now you'll need to use the nvidia web driver for the card to work. This means you'll need to use a supported GPU just to do your install and install the web driver (see TubineSeaplanes post) or we'll have to hack the installer with the driver.

Just a follow on to this:

Save yourself any extra pain and buy a cheapo GT 640 (apparently very compatible).
I had to go with GT 650 (it's all Best Buy had) and then tell Clover to NOT inject nvidia at boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back