Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else having issues with the included SSDT-0.aml with High Sierra. My system reboots after clover loads the macOS partition. I was using the included SSDT-0.aml before upgrading to High Sierra with no issues.

Anyone else having issues with the included SSDT-0.aml with High Sierra. My system reboots after clover loads the macOS partition. I was using the included SSDT-0.aml before upgrading to High Sierra with no issues.

Upgraded to High Sierra, no problems with SSDT-0.aml.

Upgraded to High Sierra, no problems with SSDT-0.aml.

Thanks for responding pulpinex.. I was able to resolve the SSDT-0.aml issue. I have everything working perfectly now other than sleep. When I push the power button, my computer will rev up all the fans and I see the HD light blinking, but it never wakes up. Was there something extra we had to do to enable sleep on this board? I thought I had it working on Sierra, but can't remember. Thanks in advance.

Hi guys, I followed this guide I was able to install high Sierra but the PC often reboots at random. Any help?

my configuration:
asus iv rampage etreme
17 3930k
6 gb corsair
hd5870
clover 2,4 r4233

Hi guys, I followed this guide I was able to install high Sierra but the PC often reboots at random. Any help?

my configuration:
asus iv rampage etreme
17 3930k
6 gb corsair
hd5870
clover 2,4 r4233

It sounds more like a hardware issue to me. Try running a benchmark like Geekbench and see if it reboots. Are you overclocking your 3930k? By any chance, does your PC wake up from sleep?

It sounds more like a hardware issue to me. Try running a benchmark like Geekbench and see if it reboots. Are you overclocking your 3930k? By any chance, does your PC wake up from sleep?
the pc not wake up from sleep and not overclock cpu. Geekbench went quietly and the pc did not restart. Any help?

update: pc restart on watch videos

Attachments

• Schermata 2017-10-08 alle 08.40.14.png
    Schermata 2017-10-08 alle 08.40.14.png
    421.6 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Thanks for responding pulpinex.. I was able to resolve the SSDT-0.aml issue. I have everything working perfectly now other than sleep. When I push the power button, my computer will rev up all the fans and I see the HD light blinking, but it never wakes up. Was there something extra we had to do to enable sleep on this board? I thought I had it working on Sierra, but can't remember. Thanks in advance.

Same problem....
I'll try to solve.
I'll keep you informed

Having issues upgrading to gtx1080

Sierra 10.12.6 everything works fine with my two msi780 lightnings,HDMI audio works and i can have both cards installed and boot up just fine

when i try to put the 1080s in I can only have one installed at a time or else the system goes into a boot loop when the apple logo is about half way, this is also the case if i have one 780 and one 1080 at the same time

so i can only succesfully boot into macOS with a single 1080 however when i do i can not get ANY audio to work, HDMI does not show up at all and the Toslink nor 2.5mm audio plugs will output any sound through macOS

If i put both 1080s in with sli and bot into windows 10 everything works as it should and stress testing the system it passes

but with macOS the only way i can get audio is if i put one or both 780s back in

I have been trying for days to get it to work,using Toleda's methods do not work and I am stuck, please help

ATTACHED: ASUS RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION 0801 BETA BIOS WITH NVME Pcie Drivers included.
I add the nvme pcie drivers following this guide.
Work flawlessy!

System boot correctly with clover on the efi partition on the nvme pcie disk.
:)

HOW TO:
1. Acquire a USB Thumb Drive
2. Format the USB drive with a FAT32 file system
3. Download the attached bios, unzip
4. Be sure to rename your file R4BE.CAP
5. Place the USB drive into the ROG Connect USB Port
5. Hold the Rog connect button down for 5 seconds and an amber light near the BIOS chips will flash for several seconds and when flashing has stopped the BIOS has been successfully updated.

All done!

Now you can boot directly from your NVME pcie disk (with pcie adapter).

Attachments

• R4BE-0801-NVME.CAP.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 3,388
Last edited:
Hi all guys!

It has been a lot of time now that i'm running successfully 10.10.5 on my system and the time has come to update to 10.12... i've searched a bit in the thread for a safe procedure to do the update but can't find much...it's a production machine so starting from 0 is out of discussion, what are the right steps to do the upgrade?

if there is any post that i can follow can someone link it please?

Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back