Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't boot now so I don't know how to get to config.plist file. I replaced it with the right one which should have the nvidia disable, AsusX79 files/install/r4E/config/Clover Boot Drive/config.plist.

thanx

Ok. Correct. So now hold the space bar while booting to reach the GUI. Choose Options > Grapics Injector menu > InjectNvidia [+].

hit escape twice to reach the main GUI menu. Hit enter to boot. Save and post a Ioreg.

I have decided to do a clean install again as I may have made some other mistakes. Will let you know ....I am setting up acount in El capitan right now. Thanx for your input

Ok I did a clean install now When I try to boot from HDD Mac OS i get also the black screen. I followed your advice and from last post

Ok. Correct. So now hold the space bar while booting to reach the GUI. Choose Options/Grapics Injector menu > InjectNvidia [+].

Now I end up with black screen and I can see the mouse pointer (reacts to mouse movements)

EDIT: Injecting NVIDIA worked I am booted from HDD and have normal display 1920x1080. I can only boot to the OS with InjectNvidia [+] otherwise it reboots

The reason I had you post your IOReg is so I could make you this SSDT-1.aml for your card.

Boot holding spacebar to reach clover GUI. Add boot arg:
Code:
nv_disable=1
to the end of the string of Boot Args in clover gui options. Do NOT use "InjectNvidia [+]" from now on.
Make sure you have injectNvidia set to false in the config.plist. if you did not change it to true at any point, you should be fine. hit escape twice and boot.

Mount EFI and add the attached SSDT to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. (Overwrite the SSDT-1 that is present there).

Attachments

• Asus GeForce GTX 580 3GB ivanski123.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 85
Thank you so much !!!!

The system is working, I have installed driver for my RAID card so it works now. USB 3 on board isnt working and audio. For audio I dont care as I am using far superior Firewire Motu card. For the usb 3 I am thinking of using the PCI card you suggested. I also might add another GPU to boost the Adobe / Davinci performance later on. If you ever come to Prague send me a PM and we have a beer :) Couldnt have don this without your help.

If I want to make a bootable copy of the newly installed drive. Do I just use carbon copy cloner and install clover to the destination where I made the backup and than replaced all necessary files as per this guide? (from ASUS X79Files)

thanx

edit: I found the answer it is actually easier to mount EFI partition of your original HDD (Mac OS)
and copy EFI Folder to EFI partition of your BCKP drive.

Last edited:
Adding a second gpu should make a difference in resolve and premiere performance. We will have to make another ssdt for it before it will work. Is the card exactly the same as the one that you have in slot 1?

I have another GTX 580, 1.5 GB, asus. Do the cards have to be the same?

hi. after few months, i noticed my usb 3.0 not working. still running 10.10.3. any idea how to fix?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-28 at 12.23.17 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-28 at 12.23.17 pm.png
    98.3 KB · Views: 96
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back