Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Shiloh !

I have followed the guide and I got into the state where I can boot from installed OSx (El Capitan) from hdd, however I only get 1208 x 1024 resolution and my ATTO raid card is not listed in system profiler.

Any idea what I could do?

thanx Screen Shot 2016-02-26 at 13.07.27.pngScreen Shot 2016-02-26 at 13.08.29.png

Hello Shiloh !

I have followed the guide and I got into the state where I can boot from installed OSx (El Capitan) from hdd, however I only get 1208 x 1024 resolution and my ATTO raid card is not listed in system profiler.

Any idea what I could do?

thanx
Try injectnvidia true in the config.plist. Then post Ioreg.

Try pci slot detection ssdt for the slot # your raid card is in.

Try injectnvidia true in the config.plist. Then post Ioreg.

config.plist in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched ?

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>

in this string?

and than how to post the Ioreg

Try pci slot detection ssdt for the slot # your raid card is in.

this would be step 8d) in your guide ?

I follow the guide but I only partially understand what I am doing.

Thanx very much

config.plist in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched ?

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>

in this string?
Yes.

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<true/>

then reboot.

and than how to post the Ioreg
After you set InjectNvidia to true and reboot,

Open:
https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALCInjection/blob/master/IORegistryExplorer_v2.1.zip?raw=true

File > Save as.

Zip it and post it.

this would be step 8d) in your guide ?

I follow the guide but I only partially understand what I am doing.

Thanx very much
No.

From AsusX79Files/Post Install/2 ACPI/PCI Slot SSDTs R4E/ choose the SSDT that matches the slot number where the raid card is. Put it in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

Hello, thank again for your prompt answer

Here is the io registry file, I also changed the config.plist to NVIDIA true. Nothing happened so far still on
1280 x 1024 and only one display. Also when I boot from MacOs HDD I am seeing sort of verbose mode, is that normal?

thank

Attachments

• Ivan’s Mac Pro.zip
    526.6 KB · Views: 63
Did you forget to unplug your USB installer? Or maybe you used the wrong config in the EFI partition of the boot drive? The config.plist for the USB installer has nv_disable=1 in the boot arguments and this would cause the graphics issue you are having.

Hi !
I definitely unplugged the USB but I see what you mean now, it is possible I have made a mistake and used different config.plist. Can I just exchange it with the right one? or Do I have to do the install all over again?

thanx

Obviously that was the mistake.....now it starts booting. I dont get to see the verbose but apple logo and progress bar. However, it reaches about one third and than restarts ...and back to bios info and eventually clover boot menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back