Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Shilohh,

Thank you for the response. I am not using HDMI for video or audio. Both of my monitors are using DVI. Do I still need to install new SSDT?
The only modification to audio will be that you'll have the option to choose HDMI audio in sys prefs for HDMI monitors if you have them plugged in. Install the correct ones for each of all of your GPUs (if you have multiple GPUs) and you shouldn't never have to use AGDPfix again. Want proof? Use kextBeast to install the backed up OEM kext from your desktop and reboot. Your monitor will lose signal when OS X finishes loading. wait 10 seconds and press control + eject (⏏ on apple keyboard), then hit enter/return twice, and your system will shut down properly. Boot with nv_disable=1 and install the correct SSDT/s in the EFI/CLOVER/acpi/patched folder and reboot.

Try this SSDT-0 with and then without the DSDT if the Intel SATA ports don't load.

Please report your results.
It works with and without. I took a look at the SSDT and see that you added the SAT0. Thanks for doing that!
Just added a DSM method to fake the device ID to intel 8 series. My ports have always worked without this but since it's make or break for yours, I'll updates the guide's files with it.

I'm actually going to consider this Fake ID patch risky because nobody else has had this issue but you did after using that SSDT (which has effectively the same method). It is possible that your issue is just with your install of OS X and not your hardware (maybe if you installed OS X fresh without the Fake ID, your ports would work without it). I'm not going to add it to future updates of SSDT-0 but I made a separate SSDT for you to use when you update SSDT-0 in future releases.

Attachments

• SATA FakeID SSDTs.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 83
The only modification to audio will be that you'll have the option to choose HDMI audio in sys prefs for HDMI monitors if you have them plugged in. Install the correct ones for each of all of your GPUs (if you have multiple GPUs) and you shouldn't never have to use AGDPfix again. Want proof? Use kextBeast to install the backed up OEM kext from your desktop and reboot. Your monitor will lose signal when OS X finishes loading. wait 10 seconds and press control + eject (⏏ on apple keyboard), then hit enter/return twice, and your system will shut down properly. Boot with nv_disable=1 and install the correct SSDT/s in the EFI/CLOVER/acpi/patched folder and reboot.

I am not sure if this matters with the SSDT injection, but I do remember creating a custom DSDT following your guide when I first installed Yosemite awhile back.

I will most likely need to wait until I am done with this current video project that I am working on to try this SSDT injection method out. I was able to get my sound working again using the aduio_CloverALC-master method so that is a relief. I don't know why Trim support is not enabled now, but I don't want to mess with that if I don't need to.

Gonna run a new backup this weekend. For now I can at least finish my work and then wait until another day to start tinkering. I don't really have any plans yet to upgrade to El Capitan. So I will most likely be back here closer to their final released update. I like to stay a bit behind once I get my system stable unless they pull some junk with a FCPX update that forces me to upgrade. LOL

Thanks!

I am not sure if this matters with the SSDT injection, but I do remember creating a custom DSDT following your guide when I first installed Yosemite awhile back.

I will most likely need to wait until I am done with this current video project that I am working on to try this SSDT injection method out. I was able to get my sound working again using the aduio_CloverALC-master method so that is a relief. I don't know why Trim support is not enabled now, but I don't want to mess with that if I don't need to.

Gonna run a new backup this weekend. For now I can at least finish my work and then wait until another day to start tinkering. I don't really have any plans yet to upgrade to El Capitan. So I will most likely be back here closer to their final released update. I like to stay a bit behind once I get my system stable unless they pull some junk with a FCPX update that forces me to upgrade. LOL

Thanks!
It won't hurt your old DSDT. Just add the SSDT-1 (or whichever one is correct for your PCI slot). It's OK if you want to wait.

For TRIM try
Code:
[COLOR=#000000]sudo trimforce enable[/COLOR]
in terminal.

I'm actually going to consider this Fake ID patch risky because nobody else has had this issue but you did after using that SSDT (which has effectively the same method). It is possible that your issue is just with your install of OS X and not your hardware (maybe if you installed OS X fresh without the Fake ID, your ports would work without it). I'm not going to add it to future updates of SSDT-0 but I made a separate SSDT for you to use when you update SSDT-0 in future releases.
Okay, thanks. Since I'm snowed in, I might do a clean install today. I think my current install has survived multiple upgrades, something I usually avoid.

EDIT: What exactly do you mean by risky? Is this method generally considered such?

EDIT: Actually, before I do this. Could I be experiencing this issue because I have Intel set to RAID in bios rather than AHCI? I just realized I have it set that way since I mostly migrated my production environment to Windows this past year and needed some RAID0 stripes off the controller.

Okay, thanks. Since I'm snowed in, I might do a clean install today. I think my current install has survived multiple upgrades, something I usually avoid.

EDIT: What exactly do you mean by risky? Is this method generally considered such?

EDIT:
Actually, before I do this. Could I be experiencing this issue because I have Intel set to RAID in bios rather than AHCI? I just realized I have it set that way since I mostly migrated my production environment to Windows this past year and needed some RAID0 stripes off the controller.
I might be wrong about "risky" I just haven't seen anyone else have this problem and wanted to make sure your issue wasn't related in any way to the Fake ID. Probably just that you have it set to RAID though. Didn't know that. If I know for sure that faking the ID will enable raid and not cause any issues, I'll add it to the main SSDT-0 for everyone.

Could you also let me know if the other ID works for you too?

I might be wrong about "risky" I just haven't seen anyone else have this problem and wanted to make sure your issue wasn't related in any way to the Fake ID. Probably just that you have it set to RAID though. Didn't know that. If I know for sure that faking the ID will enable raid and not cause any issues, I'll add it to the main SSDT-0 for everyone.

Could you also let me know if the other ID works for you too?

So it's definitely RAID mode. Loading the old SSDT-0 without the added SAT0 method sees the Intel controller without an issue. It lists as Generic AHCI Controller in System Info btw. For the time being I need those Windows raid drives so I'll need to use the SSDT method or perhaps an AHCIPortinjector kext. I'll probably still do a clean install though since it's well overdue.

Thanks again for the help, silly me for forgetting about RAID mode.

So it's definitely RAID mode. Loading the old SSDT-0 without the added SAT0 method sees the Intel controller without an issue. It lists as Generic AHCI Controller in System Info btw. For the time being I need those Windows raid drives so I'll need to use the SSDT method or perhaps an AHCIPortinjector kext. I'll probably still do a clean install though since it's well overdue.

Thanks again for the help, silly me for forgetting about RAID mode.
Good to know. Thanks. Ill probably add it to my next update (soon).

Does the other one show your raid as well (I put 2 SSDTs in that last post)?

Good to know. Thanks. Ill probably add it to my next update (soon).

Does the other one show your raid as well (I put 2 SSDTs in that last post)?
I think I misunderstood you. You want me to check the 2 SSDTs in the FakeID folder? I'll do that now and report back.

I think I misunderstood you. You want me to check the 2 SSDTs in the FakeID folder? I'll do that now and report back.
Yes but don't use the SSDT-0 that already has the method in it. Thanks for testing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back