Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about this. My system is sleeping and waking fine. Sounds like a kernel panic on wake. Look for clues in the logs to diagnose.

where I can see logs of it?

where I can see logs of it?
There may not be one but you'd find it in console if there is any. Also, if the system starts back up from a freeze and you get the option, click report.

There may not be one but you'd find it in console if there is any. Also, if the system starts back up from a freeze and you get the option, click report.

The problem is that monitor is tried to turn on and then turn off so can't see any panic messages. after hard reset no any report options. this is true for sleep and just monitor sleep. may be the problem with my videocard?

Instead of installing that kext, setting HotPlug to disabled in the BIOS for your boot drive's SATA port would achieve the same functional result (OS X sees the disk as a internal drive and does not give it a orange ejectable icon). Showing "C600/X79 Series Chipset" in System Information is purely cosmetic and has absolutely no effect on device function. I prefer not to install this kext because I use the Intel and ASMedia HotPlug functionality on my HotSwap drive bays on the front of my case. Installing that kext would kill HotSwap for all Intel SATA ports. 3rd Party SATA kext would kill HotSwap for ASMedia ports. Just set the BIOS correctly and those kexts aren't needed. I will add a not about this in the guide.

it was turned off I've just checked it. today I see that these Finder random freezes is still here :(

PS. will try to remove dvd-rw drive to see if anything changes (i don't use it for two years ;) )

I just updated to 950 pro for my RIVE. Best upgrade you can do if you want to keep x79 going strong. I think I added another few years of life to this build. With NVMe SSD and 4.7ghz 6 core. There isn't much out there worth upgrading to.

I just updated to 950 pro for my RIVE. Best upgrade you can do if you want to keep x79 going strong. I think I added another few years of life to this build. With NVMe SSD and 4.7ghz 6 core. There isn't much out there worth upgrading to.

I was also considering this. How do you get NVME supported in the BIOS on the RIVE ?

I was also considering this. How do you get NVME supported in the BIOS on the RIVE ?
I'm running bios 4205 which is pretty old and it shows up. So I don't think it's a issue.

Are you using a adapter for the PCI slot? Got any speed tests/benchmarks from OS X?

I'm running bios 4205 which is pretty old and it shows up. So I don't think it's a issue.

So its just plug and play? I.e. place the PCIE card in a slot and it works out of the box?
Just so I understand. As the drive runs on its own NVME chipset you don't need to set any NVME settings in the bios right? As the bios settings only control the motherboard chipset.

The Intel SSD 750 PCI Express Cards works with the macvideocards driver. I have the latest BIOS installed that suggests Shilooh.
What i did:
- Put nvme driver into the clover directory (in my case it is on a pen drive, without this step you wont be able to boot!)
- Switch off PC and unplug power,
- put PCI Express Card into slot 3 (i think) / I have a double slot graphic card on slot 1, then 1 empty double space slot and then the pci e from intel in slot 3, and then in slot 4 a wifi card.
- Switch on PC
- Restart the PC with control alt DEL from the clover menu
- Enter BIOS
- Move with the keypad arrows to the right where the pci intel should show up if it is not there in the bios there is something wrong (it should have its own PAGE like the intel ethernet)
- enable only EFI settings and set security setting to OS OTHER -> save
- Boot from pendrive into clover
- Select the intel ssd or boot into your installer to install the os x unto the intel ssd
Be blessed in Jesus name guys!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-19 at 9.00.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-19 at 9.00.57 PM.png
    142.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Screen Shot 2016-01-19 at 9.01.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-19 at 9.01.23 PM.png
    74.6 KB · Views: 141
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back