Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@baybaymac,
X79MacPro61SpeedStep.kext should be in SLE. It won't do anything at all in clover/kexts. You should put FakeSMC.ket back in clover/kexts/10.11 but it really doesn't matter.

Delete ssdt.aml and DSDT.aml. Use only the files from the original post/guide (attached on page 1).

EDIT:
I'll try to explain the problem. The DSDT.aml you posted has all the devices fixed in it. The SSDT-0.aml fixes all those devices again and the code conflicts. I'm guessing that you used pikeraplha's script to create ssdt.aml for your CPU. SSDT-9.aml is the same thing (or very similar depending on what you did when you created it) but you are trying to load both of them so they conflict.

Thanks a lot to bother your time to have a look on my DSDT. By the way, after testing for a while, I am only able to boot into a new Captain HD with iMac 13.2 bios with your SSDT-0.aml, other than that, all mess up. So, am I suppose to only use the DSDT.aml I uploaded only with my ssdt.aml? Yes, the ssdt.aml is used pikeraplha's script to create as usual followed your guide. Ha, this nasty Captain is a bit.....FUXK up!!!! Any ideas?

Thanks a lot to bother your time to have a look on my DSDT. By the way, after testing for a while, I am only able to boot into a new Captain HD with iMac 13.2 bios with your SSDT-0.aml, other than that, all mess up. So, am I suppose to only use the DSDT.aml I uploaded only with my ssdt.aml? Yes, the ssdt.aml is used pikeraplha's script to create as usual followed your guide. Ha, this nasty Captain is a bit.....FUXK up!!!! Any ideas?

I re-tried to just put the DSDT.aml to the ACPI folder but the system hanged during boot. I now simply lost the way to fix it.

@baybaymac,

Again,

Delete FakeSMC.kext from /System/library/Extensions.

Put FakeSMC.kext back in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11.

Delete X79MacPro61SpeedStep.kext from EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11.

Replace config.plist with the new green one.

Delete DSDT.aml.

Delete ssdt.aml.

Use only grey SSDT-9.aml and green SSDT-0.aml in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

Run kextbeast (with no kexts on the desktop) just to rebuild caches.

Restart.

If everything works, reinstall X79MacPro61SpeedStep.kext with kextbeast and restart again.

If you can't boot because of DSDT, boot from the USB installer using the bios's boot override function. At the clover GUI, choose the boot drive (Mac OS).

If the last post doesn't help, then start over from the very beginning and use only the files from page 1. NOTHING ELSE.

If you can't boot because of DSDT, boot from the USB installer using the bios's boot override function. At the clover GUI, choose the boot drive (Mac OS).

If the last post doesn't help, then start over from the very beginning and use only the files from page 1. NOTHING ELSE.

Thanks. I will re-try again after a rest. I spent the whole day to fix it but in vain. Again, many thanks.

@baybaymac,

Again,

Delete FakeSMC.kext from /System/library/Extensions.

Put FakeSMC.kext back in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11.

Delete X79MacPro61SpeedStep.kext from EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11.

Replace config.plist with the new green one.

Delete DSDT.aml.

Delete ssdt.aml.

Use only grey SSDT-9.aml and green SSDT-0.aml in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

Run kextbeast (with no kexts on the desktop) just to rebuild caches.

Restart.

If everything works, reinstall X79MacPro61SpeedStep.kext with kextbeast and restart again.

Hi bro,

Finally I can boot up the Captain with your instructions above.
Green config.plist
SSDT-9.aml and SSDT-0.aml
So I need to reinstall X79xxxx.kext. OK but do I need to dump a new DSDT.aml from Clover or after successfully installed x79xxx.kext. Regarding the patching DSDT.aml, do I need to patch the R4E audio.txt and Stripper.txt as well. I am confused.
Thanks.

@osxfr33k,
didn't realize you had a 24 core cpu.

Please try the attached config.plist and Test1 or Test2 one at a time.

And PLEASE update your hardware info in your profile. You could have saved us both a lot of time.

Thanks for all the help in this matter. Did a fresh install from my Asus Z97-Deluxe. Moved the drive over with your files already in EFI. I still get the panic with Test1 and Test2.

This dummyXHCIkext attached from the insane thread is the only thing that prevents the panic. All USB2 (black ports only) and built in BT/Wifi work with USB3 enabled in bios. I have another idea. Since I have the same built in BT/Wifi in my Z97-Deluxe which is disabled and have a genuine Apple BT/Wifi in PCIe slot I am going to do the same thing to the X79 tonight to see if this might be the answer or not? I have already tried disabling the BT/Wifi in the X79 along with disabling the USB3 but maybe adding this same Genuine Apple BT/Wifi card into the PCIe slot and then disabling the built in one, I am hoping will work.

I have no problem opening your Clover Config.plist with EditPlus Pro or Xcode but the GUI Clover Configurator will not open it without an error.

See attached. The OSXBundle version 1.0 is what seems to prevent the Apple AppleXHCIPCI from loading then no panic.

If there is anything else you want me to try, I can do this tonight when I get home from work. Running late for work have to go!!

Thanks Again!!

Edited:

This one from Stinga11, X79PlatformPlugin.kext from his 10.11 thread or your kext seem to work just fine in /Clover/kexts/10.11. Power management working according to the CPUPM app you included in your original posted files. Is there a possibility it may not always work in /Clover/kexts instead of /S/L/E?

Attachments

• DummyUSBXHCIPCI.kext.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 80
@osxfr33k,
Sorry,
I've run out of time. I'm going to be on a road trip for 10-20 days. I won't be able to really dig into anything until I get back from my trip. I'll try to help as I get time but I won't have much internet access where I'm going.

I don't have any real experience with the X79-D. I think we have the same USB3 chips but I don't remember. I have disabled the ports that were named ASMX (4 of the 6 on the back panel that dont work) in the BIOS's onboard devices section. That stopped my xhci related panics, as did stripping the device out of the ACPI tables because it has a hub and ports that apples new port injector kexts will try to use. I will still get a xhci kernel panic if I have anything plugged into any of the USB3 ports at boot. The 2 right next to the LAN port work if I plug a drive in after the system is loaded. If I leave it plugged in and restart, it panics when the OS starts to load. I'd double check that all the usb3 ports are disabled in the bios. Make sure nothing is plugged into them, including the headers for case ports and such. Also look into weather there is anther onboard device that may be routed through them. Try disabling Bluetooth and wifi in the bios as well.

Keep us posted

Friend, i installed AppleIntelCpuPowermanagement.kext and X79MacPro61Speedstep.kext and put alongside my SSDT from my Yosemite Build. Now Speed step is working! Jumped back to 22k points in Geekbench. So i can continue with my videos thank you man! Be blessed in Jesus name!

Hi Audiocream,

Grateful if you could upload the said AppleIntelCpuPowermanagement.kext for me to have a try as I cannot figure it out the speedstep at the moment. It sticks to 3.2G at all cores as I overclock it to 4.2G. It works in Yosemite but in Captain it doesn't. I cannot use the new config.plist for 3930K because it gets panic when reboot. I have tried different combination with the SSDT-9 and my own created SSDT.aml, again it doesn't work. I figure it out that when I use the new config.plist the system hangs. Reading that you said you have combined the two kext and it works so I want to have a try.

Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back