Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@osxfr33k,
didn't realize you had a 24 core cpu.

Please try the attached config.plist and Test1 or Test2 one at a time.

And PLEASE update your hardware info in your profile. You could have saved us both a lot of time.

Attachments

• osxfr33k X79D.zip
    7.8 KB · Views: 63
Thanks for all your efforts shilohh! Just a quick question regarding the "mistakes" in the R4E files. Should I start from zero and recreate the USB installer and reinstall El Capitan or is it fine just to rerun through the post install steps with the new files?

cheers!

@osxfr33k,
didn't realize you had a 24 core cpu.

Please try the attached config.plist and Test1 or Test2 one at a time.

And PLEASE update your hardware info in your profile. You could have saved us both a lot of time.

12 core but 24 virtual.

Well I think because I reboot so many times something got corrupted may have to reinstall but from a PC that I know I can install without any hangups.

I am getting this message on boot:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-09 at 1.22.06 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-10-09 at 1.22.06 AM.jpg
    540.5 KB · Views: 79
Hi, shilohh,

I finally can boot into Captain HD with only case 1. Here are the summaries:

Case one
clover folder kext 10.11 folder if includes:
AppleIntelE1000e.kext
fakeSMC.kext
reatekALC.kext

However, whenever I followed your guide to add DSDT.aml, dumped by clover bios ver. 4901, complied with no error, plus use your x79xxxx.kext, the system cannot be bootable. Here are the summaries:

1) replace the config.plist
2) add x79xxx.kext, DSDT, SSDT.aml and SSDT-0.aml.
3) Run AGP until.
4) reboot
but system hanged.

If I replace the said x79xxx.kext with fakesmc.kext, no usb support any more. System is running.

The said DSDT in question I can use flawlessly in 10.10.5 while I am writing to seek your advice, no problem at all. All works!!!
I don't know how I can fix it.

By the way, here are my devices installed

PCI 1 slot GTX 670
PCI 2 slot empty
PCI 3 slot RocketRaid 4320 (*driver installed in Captain and it works, no error after testing it)
PCI 4 slot empty
PCI 5 slot Handoff wifi and bluetooth PCIe x1 card (it works flawlessly in 10.10.5)
PCI 6 slot Firewire 800 PCI card (it works)

Grateful if you could help me to have a look on my DSDT file to see what is going on. After hundreds times of trying with in vain.
I believe my DSDT is the clue to fix it.

Many many thanks.

By the way, I tried the new x79files with R4E. It still doesn't work. It causes panic when boot up. Also I show you my EFI directory to see if there is something wrong.

By the way, I tried the new x79files with R4E. It still doesn't work. It causes panic when boot up. Also I show you my EFI directory to see if there is something wrong.

Here you are.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-09 at 14.10.55.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-09 at 14.10.55.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Screen Shot 2015-10-09 at 14.11.58.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-09 at 14.11.58.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 125
@baybaymac,
X79MacPro61SpeedStep.kext should be in SLE. It won't do anything at all in clover/kexts. You should put FakeSMC.ket back in clover/kexts/10.11 but it really doesn't matter.

Delete ssdt.aml and DSDT.aml. Use only the files from the original post/guide (attached on page 1).

EDIT:
I'll try to explain the problem. The DSDT.aml you posted has all the devices fixed in it. The SSDT-0.aml fixes all those devices again and the code conflicts. I'm guessing that you used pikeraplha's script to create ssdt.aml for your CPU. SSDT-9.aml is the same thing (or very similar depending on what you did when you created it) but you are trying to load both of them so they conflict.

Thanks for the quick response shilohh. I replaced the files you mentioned but also noticed that there were changes made to the DSDT Stripper 4 Device SSDT.txt. So I tried using that to make a new DSDT.aml using MaciASL and your DSDT guide (using ACPI 4.0) and got two errors, both code 4064, "Object does not exist (OSFL)". The previous version of DSDT Stripper 4 Device SSDT (created 10/08/15 at 9:39AM) gave no errors.

cheers!

Attachments

• errors.jpg
    errors.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 133
Thanks for the quick response shilohh. I replaced the files you mentioned but also noticed that there were changes made to the DSDT Stripper 4 Device SSDT.txt. So I tried using that to make a new DSDT.aml using MaciASL and your DSDT guide (using ACPI 4.0) and got two errors, both code 4064, "Object does not exist (OSFL)". The previous version of DSDT Stripper 4 Device SSDT (created 10/08/15 at 9:39AM) gave no errors.

cheers!
Thanks for the feedback.

I think you might have applied the stripper to a already stripped DSDT. Could you delete all the files from origin, Re-extract them to origin and apply the stripper again to see if you get the same result?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back