Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, MK500.The missing objects referenced in your pic are the cpu cores. There must be a problem with the patch list and 4206 or it could be that you already have the ssdt loaded (MacIASL pulls the dsdt from ioreg and it's possible that the patched SSDT is contaminating it).

Please try using clover to extract the dsdt. Pressing F4 at the Clover bootloader screen dumps native ACPI files to EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin. Mount your EFI partition and open and apply the patch list to the dsdt from the origin folder. If it compiles, save it to the patched folder.

If that doesn't let you compile, please post your virgin dsdt and I'll take a look when I get home.

I just remembered that they changed the cpu naming between the IvyB E and SandyB E BIOSs. You'll need to make your own SSDT as well. See the speedstep guide.

I did a clean install just to make sure I didn't screw any other part of the guide up. I'm not messing with Nvidia Web drivers anymore for now.

Anyway, applying the patches to the Clover F4 generated DSDT didn't help...same errors. I enclosed the F4 generated files as well as your patch file I am attempting to apply for reference. Thanks for looking at it.

Note that there is a SSDT.aml file in the /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ folder that I did not put there. I tried removing it and it re-created it at boot.

Your guide is really good, by the way. It's very smooth each time I have run through it :)

Attachments

• origin.zip
    23 KB · Views: 60
I did a clean install just to make sure I didn't screw any other part of the guide up. I'm not messing with Nvidia Web drivers anymore for now.

Anyway, applying the patches to the Clover F4 generated DSDT didn't help...same errors. I enclosed the F4 generated files as well as your patch file I am attempting to apply for reference. Thanks for looking at it.

Note that there is a SSDT.aml file in the /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ folder that I did not put there. I tried removing it and it re-created it at boot.

Your guide is really good, by the way. It's very smooth each time I have run through it :)
Thanks! Really need to overhaul this guide though. I just haven't had the time.

Try the attached patch list. Also delete the SSDT.aml from EFI/clover/acpi/patched that I included with the files from this guide and make your own using the instructions on my speedstep guide. The ssdt is for the 4930k and the IvyBE BIOSs.

Attachments

• R4E4206_DSDT_Patch_10-2014.txt
    22.4 KB · Views: 223
Try the attached patch list. Also delete the SSDT.aml from EFI/clover/acpi/patched that I included with the files from this guide and make your own using the instructions on my speedstep guide. The ssdt is for the 4930k and the IvyBE BIOSs.

This patch ran without errors. Thanks! I haven't confirmed that it is working as intended yet (audio, USB, etc) but will let you know as soon as I can test that. As soon as I got the DSDT installed I tried building the SSDT according to your thread here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/127574-guide-asus-x79-os-x-controlled-speedstep.html

After confirming AICPUPMI: MSR_PMG_CST_CONFIG_CONTROL; I added the patch to my Clover config.plist and built the SSDT using ssdtPRGen.sh-master. I replaced the SSDT in the EFI partition and rebooted. Unfortunately my system locked down to 1200 (1206?)Mhz at ranging voltages (as low as .8v) and became extremely unstable. I ran geekbench; and that seemed to stabilize it a bit (voltages raised to 1.2+ while running). But I kept getting booted out to the login screen when geekbench finished. Finally I decided to shut down until I could figure out what was going on. It no longer boots (I get the slash). Looks like something may be corrupted.

It just dawned on me that I neglected to check whether AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext existed in my /S/L/E ... I wonder if it was removed during part of the installation process.

I also realized that I definitely screwed this part up:

sudo /Users/shilohh/Downloads/ssdtPRGen.sh-master/ssdtPRGen.sh -c 1 -w 3 -turbo 4200

The -c and -w values should be different for my 3930K. I really should have been paying closer attention to what I was doing.

Anyway; I'm going to take a break for tonight and pick this up tomorrow.

This is good progress though! I think after this is working I should re-write my guide using what I have learned.

I'm also realizing that possibly I am off topic posting in this thread since I don't have a 4930K. Apologies if I am confusing anyone with my 3930K issues.

Hello Shilohh, MK500 and everyone else. First off i would like to say Shailohh and MK500 you two have beautiful builds. Ive had the opportunity to read both of your threads and you two motivated me to build a system of my own. Shilohh i believe your build for your friend Eric is almost smiler to mines except for a different x79 board, Ram, and graphics card. I was wondering if you two could lend a bit of assistance to a new builder with his build. shilohh Ive followed your guide down to the T. but when i reach the GUI screen and select boot OS X...it begins to load but slows down then freezes about halfway through the process. Any help would be greatly appreciated from the two of you or anybody else who encountered this problem and resolved it.

@MK500,
Try running without the X79X86PlatformPlugin.kext and see if that helps.

@CB92,
Please update your profile to list all your major components especially graphics (GPU/Video card)

Or at least tell me what card you're using. Thanks

Hi All, Hoping someone can help me. I am having trouble getting Audio working again in 10.10.2

I have Clover installed onto a Raid 0 Set / install of OS X, I have and EFI/CLOVER on both partitions so have to copy all files to both manually after booting off the Clover USB boot stick.

Is 898 the correct driver.
What is you install procedure to get Sound working.

Ready to pound my head of the wall. :p

...your build for your friend Eric is almost smiler to mines except for a different x79 board, Ram, and graphics card. I was wondering if you two could lend a bit of assistance...

The motherboard is everything in a hackintosh build. You will want to post in a thread that uses your exact motherboard. This thread is for the ASUS Rampage IV series of X79 boards only.

You should find a thread for your board. Here are some:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/search.php?googleSearch=P9x79pro

Also there seems to be a typo in your profile. It is called a P9X79 Pro, not a P9X789.

Hi All, Hoping someone can help me. I am having trouble getting Audio working again in 10.10.2

I have Clover installed onto a Raid 0 Set / install of OS X, I have and EFI/CLOVER on both partitions so have to copy all files to both manually after booting off the Clover USB boot stick.

Is 898 the correct driver.
What is you install procedure to get Sound working.

Ready to pound my head of the wall. :p
898 is correct for Rampage IV Extreme. This will never change. I recommend the kext from multibeast 6.1 but if that won't work, try the one from the current multibeast for 10.10.2. Also it must be installed as the "With DSDT" option (you may need to check the EFI bootloader support box to get it to install) or multibeast will install an enabler kext that will conflict with the dsdt. If you previously installed as "without dsdt" you'll need to delete the hda enabler kext from SLE. You also need a properly patched dsdt in EFI/clover/acpi/patched.

Leaving SSDT out of the equation for the moment. Your DSDT patch worked great! I have sound. I can plug in my headphones and the sound switches from speakers automatically. And it switches back when I unplug. All USB ports seem to be working. Sleep is working. It's looking great. Everything is very solid; just at 3.2Ghz. I imagine I could go into my BIOS now and set up my rock solid 4.2Ghz overlock and be done...but I'm still curious about SSDT.

I'm going to take SSDT discussions off this thread; as I think that's more appropriate:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...os-x-controlled-speedstep-21.html#post1015220

To Everyone!

The newest Nvidia web drivers will kernel panic your system if you're using the MacPro6,1 system definition, as we all have been. Not a problem for those of us with a 770 or other natively supported GPUs. All we need to do is uninstall the Nvidia web driver. For those of you with unsupported GPUs i.e. newer Titans/780s/780ti/740/750ti or 9xx cards, you can use the MacPro5,1 system definition. You will still have speedstep but you will draw a little more power at idle and loose 1 multiplier. This is the price you must pay to use the Nvidia web driver.

1) Install the attached kext.

2) Use the attached config.plist after adding your UUID and unique serial number to it. Delete the old one and put it in EFI/clover.

3) Delete ssdt.aml from EFI/clover/acpi/patched.

Reboot.

Screen Shot 2015-04-06 at 1.15.04 AM.png Screen Shot 2015-04-06 at 1.33.45 AM.png

Attachments

• MacPro5,1.zip
    11.7 KB · Views: 145
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back