Contribute
Register

Help! Black screen after boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reinstalled the gpu and started it up but the smbios in clover says mac pro still
cos you didnt mount your efi partition first and then open your config.plist, then you need to change your smbios and add in nvda_drv=1

cos you didnt mount your efi partition first and then open your config.plist, then you need to change your smbios and add in nvda_drv=1
Right so I opened clover configurator and it asked me to mount efi partition so I clicked ok but where do I put the boot flag?

Right so I opened clover configurator and it asked me to mount efi partition so I clicked ok but where do I put the boot flag?
did you open your config.plist from your efi partition?

did you open your config.plist from your efi partition?
So I mounted the efi partition from clover configurator, it showed up on my desktop, do I open the config.plist in clover configurator and then go into boot and choose nvda_drv=1 ?

So I mounted the efi partition from clover configurator, it showed up on my desktop, do I open the config.plist in clover configurator and then go into boot and choose nvda_drv=1 ?
yes, making sure you do open the config.plist in /EFI/CLOVER/ folder (Efi being the icon that appeared on your desktop when you mounted the efi partition, and clover being the blue folder within the efi partition, then have a look around in the menus and you will see a check box for nvda_drv=1

yes, making sure you do open the config.plist in /EFI/CLOVER/ folder (Efi being the icon that appeared on your desktop when you mounted the efi partition, and clover being the blue folder within the efi partition, then have a look around in the menus and you will see a check box for nvda_drv=1
Ok so I've checked the box for nvda_drv=1 and also selected iMac14,2. I'm assuming I should click save and then shut down, put my gpu in and see what happens. I hope it works! :)

Ok so I've checked the box for nvda_drv=1 and also selected iMac14,2. I'm assuming I should click save and then shut down, put my gpu in and see what happens. I hope it works! :)
before you wrote this i said to myself "i bet he asks if i should save it" yes, please save it!

Should I eject the efi partition before shutting down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back