Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H81M-S2H
CPU
i5-4690
Graphics
HD 4600
so I had a working hackintosh, until I decided to upgrade it to putting in a zotac gtx 960. I plugged it in and it worked but all the is animations were weird because I hadn't installed the drivers. So I installed the appropriate drivers and then I restarted. Then after the apple logo on boot I got a black screen, so I took the gpu out, logged in and changed the system identifier to mac pro 4,1 instead of 6,1. Big mistake, now all I get is the same thing but it restarts after the black screen :( someone please help (novice builder here)

iMac14,2 should be a better match for your rig, I wouldn't use any MacPro SMBIOS.
Ok, but at the moment I can't even log in, any ideas? Many thanks

Where would that be - I'm a novice! Many thanks
when you turn on your computer and you get the clover menu, use your right arrow key on your keyboard to navigate to options, then press the enter button and then look for smbios, then press enter again to change the settings :)

when you turn on your computer and you get the clover menu, use your right arrow key on your keyboard to navigate to options, then press the enter button and then look for smbios, then press enter again to change the settings :)
Should I type iMac14,2 in the board type box or the product name box?

I changed both boxes and it booted but I still got a black screen at the end of the boot, so I restarted by holding the power button and now the smbios is saying macpro4,1 again :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back