Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been on this thread in a few months. Have we got the trackpad working on the new 2019 Razer Blades yet?

I have almost everything running on my 2019 rtx 2070 blade, but the sound would not work some times. It's a very strange bug because it will work some times and then after booting into windows and going back to macOS it will stop working. When I try to restart macOS then, it will hang in the loading screen on startup. After hard resetting it everything works again, booting and sound. Has anyone got an idea on how to fix this?

EDIT: It seems to be a reboot bug. When I power down the system completely between switching it will not happen.

Last edited:
I have almost everything running on my 2019 rtx 2070 blade, but the sound would not work some times. It's a very strange bug because it will work some times and then after booting into windows and going back to macOS it will stop working. When I try to restart macOS then, it will hang in the loading screen on startup. After hard resetting it everything works again, booting and sound. Has anyone got an idea on how to fix this?
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Hey everyone. I've been thoroughly enjoying macos on this machine thanks to this thread but wanted to give you guys heads up with this whole ZombieLoad Intel exploit. Supposedly manufacturers are recommending turning off Hyper-Threading as a temporary fix. I turned it off and my trackpad stopped working in macos (i'm running High Sierra). Just wanted to let everyone know if anyone was curious!

With new BIOS update released yesterday got this issue during macOS boot:

apfs_module_start:1393

Any ideas?

Or how-to downgrade BIOS.
Thanks

It would be interesting for someone who using FCPX. All versions FCPX lower 10.4 are using 1070 max-q when rendering - it's really fast, but editing in this versions are poor - 4k are freezing always. But editing in FCPX 10.4+ are so smoooooth.

The trick is use 2 versions of FCPX. For example, im using 10.4 for editing and 10.3.4 for rendering. And for render im exporting xml files from 10.4.

I know. That sound complicated, but editing and rendering is rly fast.

I don't quite understand what you mean by having the Nvidia working on HDMI out only. Does it mean I have to use an external monitor to be able to work with the GPU and the laptop's monitor itself doesn't work?

My Mojave install boots up successfully only one out of three times. Have the 2018 model. Anyone else experiencing this? The ACPIBattery warning will keep printing when it fails to boot.
This is normal and doesn't have any connection with your laptop not booting up properly. The message you are talking about is printed when the actual full charge capacity is higher than the design capacity reported by the BIOS. Our laptops apparently ship with a slighly bigger battery than the one advertised.

Hey everyone. I've been thoroughly enjoying macos on this machine thanks to this thread but wanted to give you guys heads up with this whole ZombieLoad Intel exploit. Supposedly manufacturers are recommending turning off Hyper-Threading as a temporary fix. I turned it off and my trackpad stopped working in macos (i'm running High Sierra). Just wanted to let everyone know if anyone was curious!
I would suggest that you extract and repatch everything from scratch. I'm pretty sure this will take care of your touchpad not working.

I don't quite understand what you mean by having the Nvidia working on HDMI out only. Does it mean I have to use an external monitor to be able to work with the GPU and the laptop's monitor itself doesn't work?
That is correct. Our NVIDIA card is directly routed to the HDMI and DP ports but still has to go through the iGPU when it comes to the built-in display.

Been using Mojave on my blade for months now with no issues. Had to boot into Windows for something and now anytime I try to boot back into Mojave I get the prohibited symbol. Booting with -v gives Hid legacy shim 2 and then KP. Any ideas or suggestions? Haven't changed a single thing about my install which is why it's so weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back