Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the 2019 Base model, is there an update on the trackpad working at all with the non-advanced?

I'm about to update my BIOS. Did you guys have to repatch the BIOS with AfuWin64 or did you just update BIOS, dumped the new SSDTs and patched them? @stonevil @Sturmkater

I'm about to update my BIOS. Did you guys have to repatch the BIOS with AfuWin64 or did you just update BIOS, dumped the new SSDTs and patched them? @stonevil @Sturmkater
if you have patched your DSDT then yes, you will need to repatch your DSDT

if you are using hotpatch, then no, you won't need to do anything

if you have patched your DSDT then yes, you will need to repatch your DSDT

if you are using hotpatch, then no, you won't need to do anything

Thanks for the heads up. I was referring to the "Unlocking DVMT" part of the guide, which you have to do in Windows with a program called AfuWin64. It's for patching the BIOS and since I'm updating it I was wondering if I'll have to redo that.

I did patch my DSDT, so I'll definitely have to redo that part.

Thanks for the heads up. I was referring to the "Unlocking DVMT" part of the guide, which you have to do in Windows with a program called AfuWin64. It's for patching the BIOS and since I'm updating it I was wondering if I'll have to redo that.

I did patch my DSDT, so I'll definitely have to redo that part.
ahh, yes, then you will have to edit the the BIOS file to unlock DVMT before you install it then :)

ahh, yes, then you will have to edit the the BIOS file to unlock DVMT before you install it then :)

Cool, thank you for clearing that up :)

I have measured the battery life to be around 5.5 hours with medium screen brightness and moderate web browsing. Sounds ok to me. I don't know what the battery life is without the undervolt and CPUFriend, but from what I read it seems to be more like 3-4 hours.

EDIT: I use the Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD and Mojave 10.14.5
It surely is ok, but not for an undervolted system. For reference, on macOS, with full brightness, connected to an external display, and running WhatsApp, Spotify, PyCharm and Safari I get about 3.5hrs-- so I'm pretty sure those reporting 3-4hrs only are either doing something wrong or are also pushing their systems without realising it.

Oh, new VoodooI2C drivers released here! There are 2 DSDT patches that need to be applied:

First, search for TPD0 under I2C0 and find the method called _CRS. Replace its contents with the following:
Code:
Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFG))
Then search for SSCN and you should find it inside an IF statement. Once again we are only interested in the code under I2C0. Select this whole block and paste it outside the conditional so that it's always evaluated.

That's it, we are done! Apply any other patches you need, compile and save it as usual and then place it inside your ACPI/patched folder! Restart and you should have a functional touchpad.

Oh, new VoodooI2C drivers released here! There are 2 DSDT patches that need to be applied:

First, search for TPD0 under I2C0 and find the method called _CRS. Replace its contents with the following:
Code:
Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFG))
Then search for SSCN and you should find it inside an IF statement. Once again we are only interested in the code under I2C0. Select this whole block and paste it outside the conditional so that it's always evaluated.

That's it, we are done! Apply any other patches you need, compile and save it as usual and then place it inside your ACPI/patched folder! Restart and you should have a functional touchpad.
Are they any better for us?
And btw, I had Voodoo kexts working without any DSDT patching. And now when I have new ones installed they are working too, no patching involved, should I do the patching anyways?

Are they any better for us?
And btw, I had Voodoo kexts working without any DSDT patching. And now when I have new ones installed they are working too, no patching involved, should I do the patching anyways?
These are the first ones to support interrupts, as our kexts were running in polling mode up until now. Interrupts is superior and the way things are supposed to work when properly configured. In polling mode the driver keeps checking for new data at a fixed interval. Interrupts work the other way around, meaning that when new data become available, the driver is notified about that, thus making this implementation more efficient. This also has added benefits, like *finally* having drag and drop working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back