Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Motherboard
Razer Blade 15-Clover
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630+GTX 1060, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
iOS
My Mojave install boots up successfully only one out of three times. Have the 2018 model. Anyone else experiencing this? The ACPIBattery warning will keep printing when it fails to boot.
You could try using VirtualSMC kexts instead.

Motherboard
EliteBook 850 G2
CPU
i7-5500U
Graphics
HD5500
I haven't been on this thread in a few months. Have we got the trackpad working on the new 2019 Razer Blades yet?

Motherboard
Razer Blade Advanced (Early 2019)
CPU
i7 8750H
Graphics
RTX 2070
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have almost everything running on my 2019 rtx 2070 blade, but the sound would not work some times. It's a very strange bug because it will work some times and then after booting into windows and going back to macOS it will stop working. When I try to restart macOS then, it will hang in the loading screen on startup. After hard resetting it everything works again, booting and sound. Has anyone got an idea on how to fix this?

EDIT: It seems to be a reboot bug. When I power down the system completely between switching it will not happen.

Last edited:

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-Clover
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD530 + GTX 950m 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
I have almost everything running on my 2019 rtx 2070 blade, but the sound would not work some times. It's a very strange bug because it will work some times and then after booting into windows and going back to macOS it will stop working. When I try to restart macOS then, it will hang in the loading screen on startup. After hard resetting it everything works again, booting and sound. Has anyone got an idea on how to fix this?
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Motherboard
Razer Blade 15 (2018)
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630/GTX 1070, 1920-1080
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey everyone. I've been thoroughly enjoying macos on this machine thanks to this thread but wanted to give you guys heads up with this whole ZombieLoad Intel exploit. Supposedly manufacturers are recommending turning off Hyper-Threading as a temporary fix. I turned it off and my trackpad stopped working in macos (i'm running High Sierra). Just wanted to let everyone know if anyone was curious!

Motherboard
Razer Blade Advanced early 2019
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 2070
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, LC, Performa, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
With new BIOS update released yesterday got this issue during macOS boot:

apfs_module_start:1393

Any ideas?

Or how-to downgrade BIOS.
Thanks

Motherboard
Razer Blade Pro 15 Advanced 2018
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 1070
It would be interesting for someone who using FCPX. All versions FCPX lower 10.4 are using 1070 max-q when rendering - it's really fast, but editing in this versions are poor - 4k are freezing always. But editing in FCPX 10.4+ are so smoooooth.

The trick is use 2 versions of FCPX. For example, im using 10.4 for editing and 10.3.4 for rendering. And for render im exporting xml files from 10.4.

I know. That sound complicated, but editing and rendering is rly fast.

Motherboard
Razer Blade 15 2018 Advanced
CPU
i7-8750
Graphics
UHD 630 + GTX 1070
I don't quite understand what you mean by having the Nvidia working on HDMI out only. Does it mean I have to use an external monitor to be able to work with the GPU and the laptop's monitor itself doesn't work?

Motherboard
Razer Blade 15, 2018-Clover
CPU
i7-8750H / HM370
Graphics
UHD 630 | GTX 1060 Max-Q
Mobile Phone
iOS
My Mojave install boots up successfully only one out of three times. Have the 2018 model. Anyone else experiencing this? The ACPIBattery warning will keep printing when it fails to boot.
This is normal and doesn't have any connection with your laptop not booting up properly. The message you are talking about is printed when the actual full charge capacity is higher than the design capacity reported by the BIOS. Our laptops apparently ship with a slighly bigger battery than the one advertised.

Hey everyone. I've been thoroughly enjoying macos on this machine thanks to this thread but wanted to give you guys heads up with this whole ZombieLoad Intel exploit. Supposedly manufacturers are recommending turning off Hyper-Threading as a temporary fix. I turned it off and my trackpad stopped working in macos (i'm running High Sierra). Just wanted to let everyone know if anyone was curious!
I would suggest that you extract and repatch everything from scratch. I'm pretty sure this will take care of your touchpad not working.

I don't quite understand what you mean by having the Nvidia working on HDMI out only. Does it mean I have to use an external monitor to be able to work with the GPU and the laptop's monitor itself doesn't work?
That is correct. Our NVIDIA card is directly routed to the HDMI and DP ports but still has to go through the iGPU when it comes to the built-in display.