Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Motherboard
Razer Blade 15, 2018-Clover
CPU
i7-8750H / HM370
Graphics
UHD 630 | GTX 1060 Max-Q
Mobile Phone
iOS
No, nothing showed up in the startup selection, nor in the boot order. Now with a third stick, I managed to get it recognized. But now I stuck in a blue Clover screen with no option for selecting Install Mac OS. But hey, I'm one step further;-)
Would you mind providing a screenshot of the Clover screen you get? The go-to guide for creating a macOS installer with Clover is RehabMan's, found here.

Motherboard
Razer Blade 15" Advanced Edition 2018
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 1070 Max-Q
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Performa, Power Mac, SE
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
its rly strange. You can try to do usb with win installer and try to load from it. If no - just reset bios settings - it should help anyway.
I did reset the BIOS within itself (not over the Windows installer). I figured out that the Blade can't see a lot of my USB sticks, which are working like charm on other computers. I think it's a BIOS bug or something. Accordingly to Razer it's the current version installed. Do you think I have to newly install the BIOS on the laptop? Anyway, one USB stick now luckily works and I could start the installer after deleting a file.
Code:
rm -f /Volumes/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra/.IAPhysicalMedia
Now I stuck because the installer wants an internet connection:( I ordered, therefore an ethernet to USB dongle. Hope the installer has all the required drivers. Because tethering from a phone does not work. The dongle should arrive today, hope I can finish the hack afterward.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8750H / HM370
Graphics
UHD 630 | GTX 1060 Max-Q
Mobile Phone
iOS
I did reset the BIOS within itself (not over the Windows installer). I figured out that the Blade can't see a lot of my USB sticks, which are working like charm on other computers. I think it's a BIOS bug or something. Accordingly to Razer it's the current version installed. Do you think I have to newly install the BIOS on the laptop? Anyway, one USB stick now luckily works and I could start the installer after deleting a file.
Code:
rm -f /Volumes/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra/.IAPhysicalMedia
Now I stuck because the installer wants an internet connection:( I ordered, therefore an ethernet to USB dongle. Hope the installer has all the required drivers. Because tethering from a phone does not work. The dongle should arrive today, hope I can finish the hack afterward.
I used a USB-C dongle as well and worked. If your Blade can't see many of your sticks then maybe you have to consider returning it before it's too late. Check if you are eligible for a replacement, I've never heard of such a bug existing and did not experience it no matter the BIOS version I was on.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 1070 Max-Q
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Performa, Power Mac, SE
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I used a USB-C dongle as well and worked. If your Blade can't see many of your sticks then maybe you have to consider returning it before it's too late. Check if you are eligible for a replacement, I've never heard of such a bug existing and did not experience it no matter the BIOS version I was on.
Noooo, I don't wanna give it away again. I already fall in love:) But maybe you're right, I will contact the support and ask if they know a fix for it.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 1070 Max-Q
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Performa, Power Mac, SE
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
A day later, Sierra is up and running. In order to get it installed, I had to type
Code:
ntpdate -u time.apple.com
in the terminal BEFORE installing. Im very happy to get that far. Now my question is, can I update the offered updates in the App Store?

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8750H / HM370
Graphics
UHD 630 | GTX 1060 Max-Q
Mobile Phone
iOS
A day later, Sierra is up and running. In order to get it installed, I had to type
Code:
ntpdate -u time.apple.com
in the terminal BEFORE installing. Im very happy to get that far. Now my question is, can I update the offered updates in the App Store?
You meant to type High Sierra I presume. That's great news! You can update through the AppStore but make sure to pop your Clover stick in after reboot and boot into the volume called "Install macOS" using this. If you don't, it's not like your system will explode; you'll just boot normally without ever actually updating. Good luck!

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 1070 Max-Q
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Performa, Power Mac, SE
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Updating (security update, as well MacBook Pro Complementary Update v2) don't work. After restart in to the Update from Mac partition he installs for ages and ends up with that screen:
View attachment 404365

I think it has something to do with my clover. Because same happens when I try to start in to Recovery or in to my Installations Stick again. Any Idea how to fix that? Or at least get rid of that Install from Mac partition.

Second, mini display port is not supported, am I right? Just to make sure I didn't make an mistake.

Motherboard
Razer Blade Pro 15 Advanced 2018
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 1070
So. Any news about kexts for touchpad without DSDT patching and with no lots of power usage?