Contribute
Register

[Guide] [OpenCore] Dell Inspiron 17 5767 (i7-7500u)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So errors above are due to opencore new version but they are not related to boot problem. Try editing boot-args in config.plist adding -v that should enable verbose mode and try to see where it stucks and post here a photo if you can so I can help you.

Here's a photo, I hope it helps. Sorry for the bad quality, I actually recorded a slow mo video and made a screenshot of that beacuse the text at the end disappears so fast I couldn't read it or take a picture. The Apple logo is displayed when the text has disappeared and the loading bar is already stuck at a few percents.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200609-212337_Slow motion editor.jpg
    Screenshot_20200609-212337_Slow motion editor.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 133
Here's a photo, I hope it helps. Sorry for the bad quality, I actually recorded a slow mo video and made a screenshot of that beacuse the text at the end disappears so fast I couldn't read it or take a picture. The Apple logo is displayed when the text has disappeared and the loading bar is already stuck at a few percents.

Hi there.

Your problem in the above screengrab is a GPU one, probably the Radeon M445. Are you able to change to the HD620 Intel iGPU?

:)

Hi there.

Your problem in the above screengrab is a GPU one, probably the Radeon M445. Are you able to change to the HD620 Intel iGPU?

M445 should be disabled by SSDT so this is strange. Is legacy or csm boot mode enabled in bios? Or maybe it is related to device-id and ig-platform-id set to spoof skylake. Try using invalid device-id 0x12345678 in config.plist while installing and then setting it to correct one after installation completed

Hi there.

Well, I've tried changing the display settings following dortania's guide but with those modifications it either kernel paniced or they didn't change anything.

M445 should be disabled by SSDT so this is strange. Is legacy or csm boot mode enabled in bios? Or maybe it is related to device-id and ig-platform-id set to spoof skylake. Try using invalid device-id 0x12345678 in config.plist while installing and then setting it to correct one after installation completed

Yes, I had enabled legacy boot mode as you said in the guide. With invalid device-id the same error occours. But I will look into it more deeply tomorrow.

Well, I've tried changing the display settings following dortania's guide but with those modifications it either kernel paniced or they didn't change anything.

Yes, I had enabled legacy boot mode as you said in the guide. With invalid device-id the same error occours. But I will look into it more deeply tomorrow.
Is your BIOS updated to latest version? Also have you tried using invalid ig-platform-id 0x12345678 keeping provided device-id?

Is your BIOS updated to latest version? Also have you tried using invalid ig-platform-id 0x12345678 keeping provided device-id?
Yes, I updated it a few days ago. I have tried changing ig-platform-id but I got the same error.

Yes, I updated it a few days ago. I have tried changing ig-platform-id but I got the same error.
Hmmm that's strange since I haven't faced this error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back