Contribute
Register

[Guide] [OpenCore] Dell Inspiron 17 5767 (i7-7500u)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have updated the guide and config.plist. When you have time can you check please? Thanks

Thank you! Now it should be clear to everyone.
Unfortunately I found another problem. The build.sh script doesn't compile the dsl files in the ACPI folder. I get this error for every file:
Code:
build.sh: line 69: Tools/MaciASL/MaciASL-master/Dist/iasl-stable: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
As far as I can tell, iasl-stable from MaciASL is macOS only and cannot be run on Windows. As a workaround I used iasl-win and manually compiled each file but it should be included in the build.sh or at least mentioned in the README.

Thank you! Now it should be clear to everyone.
Unfortunately I found another problem. The build.sh script doesn't compile the dsl files in the ACPI folder. I get this error for every file:
Code:
build.sh: line 69: Tools/MaciASL/MaciASL-master/Dist/iasl-stable: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
As far as I can tell, iasl-stable from MaciASL is macOS only and cannot be run on Windows. As a workaround I used iasl-win and manually compiled each file but it should be included in the build.sh or at least mentioned in the README.
I've searched and seems that iasl is embedded in linux kernel. So under WSL should work using embedded one... I'm not currently running Linux or WSL so can't test myself.

Edit
Updated build.sh now it should use embedded linux iasl

Last edited:
I was using cmder. I tried with WSL but then I got this error:
Code:
./build.sh: line 2: $'\r': command not found
./build.sh: line 5: $'\r': command not found
./build.sh: line 10: $'\r': command not found
./build.sh: line 11: syntax error near unexpected token `$'\r''
'/build.sh: line 11: `function check()

I was using cmder. I tried with WSL but then I got this error:
Code:
./build.sh: line 2: $'\r': command not found
./build.sh: line 5: $'\r': command not found
./build.sh: line 10: $'\r': command not found
./build.sh: line 11: syntax error near unexpected token `$'\r''
'/build.sh: line 11: `function check()
Hmmm that's due to unix end-line issue... Can you try installing dos2unix in WSL and then running "dos2unix build.sh" please?

I installed it and it is running but now i get
Code:
curl: (3) URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL
Edit: nevermind, I downloaded th repo again and it is fixed now. Weird...
So now I have the EFI folder correctly generated! Thanks!

Last edited:
Ok happy to know it works now thanks for reporting. After you downloaded repo again did you run dos2unix again to fix the script?

So now the installer is ready, but when I boot into it I get errors even before it gets into the os select screen
Code:
OCS: No schema for Block at 1 index, context <ACPI>!
OCS: No schema for Delete at 1 index, context <Kernel>!
OCS: No schema for HideSelf at 3 index, context <Boot>!
OCS: Failed to parse data field as value with type data and <MY MAC ADDRESS> contents, context <ROM>!
OCS: No schema for DirectGopCacheMode at 2 index, context <Output>!
OCS: No schema for RequestBootVarFallback at 3 index, context <Quirks>!
And when I select macOS, the logo appears, the loading bar starts loading and around 3/4 the cursor appears for a moment and the progress bar jumps back to the beginning and is stuck there. I tried editing the config.plist but I couldn't fix it.

So now the installer is ready, but when I boot into it I get errors even before it gets into the os select screen
Code:
OCS: No schema for Block at 1 index, context <ACPI>!
OCS: No schema for Delete at 1 index, context <Kernel>!
OCS: No schema for HideSelf at 3 index, context <Boot>!
OCS: Failed to parse data field as value with type data and <MY MAC ADDRESS> contents, context <ROM>!
OCS: No schema for DirectGopCacheMode at 2 index, context <Output>!
OCS: No schema for RequestBootVarFallback at 3 index, context <Quirks>!
And when I select macOS, the logo appears, the loading bar starts loading and around 3/4 the cursor appears for a moment and the progress bar jumps back to the beginning and is stuck there. I tried editing the config.plist but I couldn't fix it.
So errors above are due to opencore new version but they are not related to boot problem. Try editing boot-args in config.plist adding -v that should enable verbose mode and try to see where it stucks and post here a photo if you can so I can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back