Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo V330-15IKB using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, my V330 has arrived this afternoon. I am not expecting a trouble free process ( I have done too many hacks for that! ) and will be opening it up for upgrading as it only has 4GB RAM and the 500GB hard disk ( dog slow ). First things to notice though re. the trackpad is that it is not the Elan, but a synaptics model so the Elan kext will need to be substituted for the VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext. Also I see that the device ID for the trackpad is not the one in the kext plist, but SYNA 2B42 so I will be changing the IOPropertyMatch from the one currently in the kext plist ( SYNA2B33 ) to SYNA2B42 and then start from there.
I am sure it'll all be good fun. Other users who find that their trackpads are not working under MacOS should check what they actually have in their V330. I find the easiest way to do this is to download AIDA64 from Windows 10 and run the report wizard as this gives a full analysis of what you actually have.
Here is an extract from the report to show you where to find your trackpad details:

Last edited:
I am writing this update as much to remind me of what I have done, as to help others who might experience the same issues as me.
Clearly not all V330s are the same, so this is just my experience.
1. I did need to do the changes above to get the trackpad working. Essentially I used the attached 4 kexts which were from here but with the changes made to the VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext
With this PLUS SSDT-V330.aml from Lenovo-V330-15IKB-master I found that the trackpad worked fine ( including right click etc ) BUT that audio did not work.
Not having the ssdt in the above folder resulted in audio working, but without trackpad! So, I also did step 2 below.
2. For the moment I have edited the SSDT mentioned above to NOT include the audio section, as clearly this was causing a problem on my machine, and with the modified SSDT-V330.aml attached to my post I rebooted and now have both trackpad and audio working.
My guess is that Lenovo play around with their parts bin on different laptops within the range and therefore some different tweaks are needed.
Apart from the above, my install is exactly as @Sniki has detailed for his machine.
I hope this helps others with V330 variations.

Attachments

• VoodooI2C.kext.zip
    138.4 KB · Views: 164
  • VoodooI2CHID.kext.zip
    50.1 KB · Views: 171
  • VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext.zip
    19.5 KB · Views: 187
  • VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip
    96 KB · Views: 175
  • SSDT-V330.aml
    3.8 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
After thinking about this some more, I checked what layout the audio is using when working. Layout is decimal 28 ( hex 1C ) so I changed the layout to 0x1C instead of 0x02 and added the audio back in. Attached is my revised SSDT which while it gives working audio and trackpad, now gives LESS trackpad functionality as the right click function no longer works! Curious.....so in the end I have gone back to what I did in the post above as the trackpad right click is important to me but for the life of me I cannot understand why re-instating the audio part of the SSDT would remove the right click functionality.

Attachments

• SSDT-V330.aml
    4.3 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Hello, thank you for this guide and your tips. I have a Lenovo V330 14IKB (81B0), where I have almost everything working including App Store and iMessages, except, the trackpad, WIFI (I already ordered a new one) and when connecting a monitor by HDMI the screen of the notebook remains black and the monitor works, when disconnected does not resume the image in the notebook (I must restart), but VGA works well. Maybe something else I haven't checked. Thank you very much. First time I try a hackingtosh, sorry my english is translated

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

I attach the files, I hope they are correct, thank you very much for the help and prompt response you have given.
Greetings

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Hello, thank you for this guide and your tips. I have a Lenovo V330 14IKB (81B0), where I have almost everything working including App Store and iMessages, except, the trackpad, WIFI (I already ordered a new one) and when connecting a monitor by HDMI the screen of the notebook remains black and the monitor works, when disconnected does not resume the image in the notebook (I must restart), but VGA works well. Maybe something else I haven't checked. Thank you very much. First time I try a hackingtosh, sorry my english is translated

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

View attachment 392460

View attachment 392462
You should attach problem reporting files with dumped acpi tables, we have to check what model of touchpad you have.

For black screen on HDMI, it is a known issue on Kaby Lake platform, you can see on my guide that i spoof skylake ids to avoid that issue.

I attach the files, I hope they are correct, thank you very much for the help and prompt response you have given.
Greetings

EDIT: change Archive.zip (complete new one)

@minihack i still can't see the conversations. You could attach it here?

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Greetings

@minihack i still can't see the conversations. You could attach it here?
@gnoma - I was just suggesting putting your vendor and device ID into the elan kext. I have done that for you on the attached version just to see if it might help.

Attachments

• VoodooI2CELAN.kext.zip
    17.9 KB · Views: 74
@gnoma - I was just suggesting putting your vendor and device ID into the elan kext. I have done that for you on the attached version just to see if it might help.

thank you very much, @minihack, but it didn't work for me, delete the previous kext, apply kextcache -i, then copy yours, and reapply kextcache -i, restart and still no trackpad detected me

You should attach problem reporting files with dumped acpi tables, we have to check what model of touchpad you have.

For black screen on HDMI, it is a known issue on Kaby Lake platform, you can see on my guide that i spoof skylake ids to avoid that issue.

Now thanks to WhateverGreen.kext this process is much easier, all we have to do is to use: lilucpu=8 kernel flag by adding it into config.plist /Boot/Arguments

Next step is to change AAPL, ig-platform-id and device-id to skylake laptop
- from 0x59160000 / 0x591B0000 to 0x1916000

follow what you mention in the guide "https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-and-workarounds-on-10-14-mojave.255823/", even without solving the fault, if I connect HDMI the integrated screen remains black until restart

Loving this laptop and really appreciating the work done by @Sniki and @RehabMan in making the process so much easier.
I have just made some upgrades by replacing the wifi card with an Apple BCM94360CS2 via an M.2 converter card, making out the RAM to 20GB and installing a 2TB NVMe.
Here is the combo card:
I had this already in another build and wondered if it might fit. It will, JUST. It needs to have the carrier/converter filed slightly ( see pink ringed area below ) and the card itself needs a small amount of filing to get beyond the fan. However, if you are careful and do just enough then it works fine.

Advantageously it needs no patching of course as it is native Apple.

This is the NVMe and the system profiler details. It is probably the cheapest 2TB SSD available as it is just £190 in the UK. I am just cloning one of my drives to it now, and will let you know if there are any problems.

Summary of what was bought, where and how much

Laptop: Lenovo V330-15IKB (81AX00FHUK) - 15.6" Full HD Laptop Intel Core i-8250U, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, Windows 10 Pro ; Amazon.co.uk; £489.98.

NVme: Intel 660p Sereis 2TB M.2 SSD Single pack; £190.85.

RAM: Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400 SODIMM; Crucial UK; £97.19

Card Adapter: BCM94360CS2 card to NGFF M.2 Key A/E connect adapter for Mac OS; Ebay; £4.69

Wifi Card: BCM94360CS2 Wireless-AC wifi Bluetooth card for 13" MacBook Air; Ebay; £5.68

prices shown above are all bought as new and include any shipping and taxes.

Total costs for this dual boot, 2TB Nvme + 500GB HD, 20GB RAM, i5 8250U laptop with full Mac OS compatibility is £788.39 including shipping and all taxes. Beat that!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back