Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo V330-15IKB using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @Sniki thank you for your work with that nice guide! Its good to follow, though I cant make it to the installer.

My problem is, that I don't get past the apple logo after booting into the USB and clicking install mojave.
What I already did/tried:
-> BIOS configured (Secure boot disabled, Intel virtual tech disabled, Intel platform trust tech disabled, Intel SGX "software controlled", Boot mode UEFI, USB boot enabled, OS optimized defaults disabled)
-> Verbose Flag (see screenshot, it hangs at "end randomseed")
-> USB 2.0 drive instead of 3.0 (but still plugged into 3.0 port since there is no 2.0 port available)
-> Unibeast (just to see if I can make it to the installer, but didn't work)
-> instead of AptioMemoryFix-64 I tried it with OsxAptioFix3Drv-64 and OsxAptioFix3Drv-64 (haven't tried without aptio fix at all)

@Joyfult you mentioned that there is something (smbios) wrong in the config.plist and you got past the apple logo, but what exactly did you do? I mean, the version 14,1 is ok I think, because thats the equivalent to Kaby Lake processors. One thing I could try more is to write version 14,2 within Sniki's config file, since that was the default when I made the bootloader with Unibeast. But I can't really believe that this has something to do with the problem. I hope someone here has another good idea what to try. I'd be more than happy.
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
My EFI/Clover files should look exactly like stated in the guide, but ok, I will upload them later.

My EFI/Clover files should look exactly like stated in the guide, but ok, I will upload them later.

I was having the same problem and it was a memory mapping issue. Google 'Mapping RAM and DIMM Slots on a Hackintosh with Clover SMBIOS' on google. You may need clover configurator on a mac to edit the config.plist but that should fix the problem.

I was having the same problem and it was a memory mapping issue. Google 'Mapping RAM and DIMM Slots on a Hackintosh with Clover SMBIOS' on google. You may need clover configurator on a mac to edit the config.plist but that should fix the problem.
Some RAM slots that do come with this laptop, Clover has trouble dealing with them, i had to add the properties on SMBIOS for the ram information (type,manufacturer,size,serial number,part number etc.) that fixed my issues.

Some RAM slots that do come with this laptop, Clover has trouble dealing with them, i had to add the properties on SMBIOS for the ram information (type,manufacturer,size,serial number,part number etc.) that fixed my issues.
thank you both for your fast reply, I will test that tomorrow and keep you updated.

Just wanted to ask a quick question - would you ( users of the specific Lenovo of this guide ) really recommend the user experience of MacOS Mojave on this laptop? I recently moved away from a 2012 MacBook Pro and cannot justify the expense of an Apple laptop right now and prefer models I can get into and upgrade. Currently I am reliant on my desktop hack ( an all in one Lenovo which is working almost flawlessly ) but find I am missing the portability. In the absence of a "Laptop Buyer's Guide" I am trawling the build guides to get an impression of what is out there and this seems to be a reasonably recent inexpensive favourite....

Just wanted to ask a quick question - would you ( users of the specific Lenovo of this guide ) really recommend the user experience of MacOS Mojave on this laptop? I recently moved away from a 2012 MacBook Pro and cannot justify the expense of an Apple laptop right now and prefer models I can get into and upgrade. Currently I am reliant on my desktop hack ( an all in one Lenovo which is working almost flawlessly ) but find I am missing the portability. In the absence of a "Laptop Buyer's Guide" I am trawling the build guides to get an impression of what is out there and this seems to be a reasonably recent inexpensive favourite....
This is a very budget friendly laptop while offering great performance.
My model has fingerprint reader,Radeon GPU, these are the two things that do not work, fingerprint not a big deal at all, For GPU i use the intel UHD 620 Graphics which really offers everything you need if you are a non gamer or laptop video editor.

Good bonus for you is you can save some extra cash by purchasing a model that doesn't have a Radeon GPU and without fingerprint reader so that way you can say you have a 100% working machine.

Everything else works (yes including the card reader out of the box and the VGA Port), multi gesture trackpad (better than on windows to be honest).

so the choice is all yours. but i would definitely recommend this laptop to everyone who wants to be on latest spec on a decent but budget friendly laptop.

As far as reviewing the laptop in general, i would list two negatives:
  • Small Battery life 2-4 hours depending on usage
  • The display is FHD 1920x1080 but not that great in colors to be honest.

About the display i found like 5 panels that do fit perfectly, even including one with 120hz refresh rate and 144hz.
The others with like 100%srgb etc and better brightness. i really am thinking on upgrading the display for 50Euros.
It will make it so much better.

@Sniki In your Lenovo-V330-15IKB folder is a folder called audio with two scripts and a folder called kexts with a kext for the audio codec.
They aren't mentioned in the guide and I am asking myself how I can get the audio running? I tried a shot in the dark with installing the CX20751.kext but that hasn't had any impact.

This is a very budget friendly laptop while offering great performance.
My model has fingerprint reader,Radeon GPU, these are the two things that do not work, fingerprint not a big deal at all, For GPU i use the intel UHD 620 Graphics which really offers everything you need if you are a non gamer or laptop video editor.

Good bonus for you is you can save some extra cash by purchasing a model that doesn't have a Radeon GPU and without fingerprint reader so that way you can say you have a 100% working machine.

Everything else works (yes including the card reader out of the box and the VGA Port), multi gesture trackpad (better than on windows to be honest).

so the choice is all yours. but i would definitely recommend this laptop to everyone who wants to be on latest spec on a decent but budget friendly laptop.

As far as reviewing the laptop in general, i would list two negatives:
  • Small Battery life 2-4 hours depending on usage
  • The display is FHD 1920x1080 but not that great in colors to be honest.
About the display i found like 5 panels that do fit perfectly, even including one with 120hz refresh rate and 144hz.
The others with like 100%srgb etc and better brightness. i really am thinking on upgrading the display for 50Euros.
It will make it so much better.
Thanks so much for the reply. I have pulled the trigger on one on Amazon UK and will be finding an appropriate wifi card and RAM + SSD upgrade shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back